Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
RE: Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
Unfortunately not that great for last night. Please see the screenshot from last night at min/max pressure=6.5. The CA events have gone up especially in the morning.

http://imgur.com/a/ougHX
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried other Flex settings?
Results are still improved over variable pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

I think this is still better than other days in past weeks.

I am not sure which flex setting, can you give details?

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
You are currently using AFlex at a setting where there is about 1.7 cm of pressure relief between IPAP and EPAP. I would be interested in seeing you either turn off Cflex and AFlex or using a setting of 1. If what you're dealing with is central or complex apnea, a lower pressure difference between IPAP/EPAP may help. I believe those settings may be under Comfort settings, and depending on how you are setup can be accessed from the patient menu or the clinician menu.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flex setting is a comfort setting whereby the machine will decrease pressure when you are exhaling. It should be in your clinical settings. I would assume where you adjust your pressures. But I am not that familiar with your machine. Sleeprider might be able to be more specific.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure, I was using FLEX=3, I have changed it to 1 for tonight. Here is the CPAP screen menu.

http://imgur.com/a/xqsp5
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe you have two types of Flex settings. A-Flex and C-Flex. As Sleeprider suggested, I would change both settings to 1. Then get at least 3 days of data. Afterwards, if your CA data is still high, personally I would try turning one of them off. Again, I am not as familiar with your machine so I am not sure which one to suggest. But we can confirm that with Sleeprider after a few days of data with both Flex settings at 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider and Merillion,

I just did a test run with A-FLEX=1 and it is still giving me EPAP of 5 for IPAP=6.5. If reducing variability is the goal, should I turn A-FLEX off? Please see the 15 minutes test screenshot I just performed.

http://imgur.com/a/528cI
Post Reply Post Reply
I ran another test with A-FLEX off and it seems uncomfortable. I am going to try one more test with C-FLEX=1 and see if it is better but less variable.

Will keep you updated. If that does not work tonight I can test with C-FLEX/A-FLEX off.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is uncomfortable at the start, give it a couple of days. I'm still playing with my relief settings too.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 849 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,778 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.