Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
RE: Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
I suggested Flex at 1 because it is less of a difference. Your EPAP was dropping further with Flex at 3. I'm just trying to get you into a mode that has less pressure change than your current setting. I'm not a fan of the Flex pressure adjustments, and thing Resmed EPR is more predictable. This is what your have, so let's work with it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider, Marillion and ajack

I tested with C-FLEX=1 and it gave me EPAP of 6. Is that better? I felt not too uncomfortable with it. I can give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Give it a shot for a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the screenshot for last night, just one CA event. I feel better than last night.

http://imgur.com/a/BejvY
Post Reply Post Reply
I had hoped to see fewer hypopnea, but you need time to establish a baseline. If you "feel better" that is a good thing. Let's give it some time, then decide which direction to go. When you get a chance, I'd like to see a zoomed in view of the flow rate to see why you have such a short expiration time recorded. Normally we expect to see a shorter inspiration to longer expiration ratio. A 2-minute segment will show us what is going on. Usually Philips machines just get the end of expiration wrong and count the no-flow period as inspiration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please see some of the 2 minute snapshots of Flow Rate:

http://imgur.com/a/d9nUa
http://imgur.com/a/ATJAe
http://imgur.com/a/J7gKu
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Pretty much what I suspected. You can see a small blip at the end of expiration, and the machine is seeing that as the start of inspiration. Except for the third chart all of the inspriatory breaths are flow-limited. So I think we're dealing with obstructive rather than central hypopnea. We might use that later. This also tells me that Cflex will likely work better than Aflex for you, and no Flex at all may be just fine. The machine is not timing flex properly anyway.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate your analysis and time helping me on this. This was giving me hard time and I had no idea what was wrong. I think we are getting somewhere.

Nobody was able to help, doctors do not advice on machine and technicians do not really give much advice except telling not to change any setting myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
@SR it looks to me that R is in non-REM sleep for clips 1 and 2, but either awake or in REM (more likely) in the 3rd clip. based on wave shape and whether there is a delay before inhale or not. QAL

@R - I often ask if dreams are happening as it generally indicates REM sleep is occurring. Those having non-alarming dreams are likely having those during REM sleep. Sleep that has all stages including deep sleep and REM sleep is a general indicator of feelings of satisfaction.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was ok, not great though. I see many RERA events. I did have some leaks through mouth before 2:30am, I use chin strap and had to adjust it around 2:30am.

http://imgur.com/a/Uawjo
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 280 1 hour ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 860 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,795 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 78 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.