Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
RE: Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
Check your sleeping position and make sure you are not having airway obstruction caused by a chin-tuck. If you can rule that out, try a minimum fixed pressure of 7.0 and we will see if that reduces H or increases CA. Technically your hypopnea should respond to a bit more pressure based on the flow limitation we observed in the detailed flows.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am going to increase the pressure to 7 tonight and wait and see. On sleep position, I do sleep on left side mostly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Something I do for side sleeping is to pull a corner of the pillow over my lower shoulder. My chin tends to come to rest there, so it helps with comfort, breathing and leaks.

Good luck on the slightly higher pressure. As you know things are a bit unpredictable when complex apnea is afoot, so hopefully we see improvements. If not, we just fall-back.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use a small blanket rolled under my neck to give some extra support to neck and to avoid pinching/choking the mask silicon tubes.
Thanks for the tips.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night felt better and I feel rested this morning, no CAs so this strategy seems to be working. Please see the screenshot, please ignore the daytime charts, I did a test run with a full face mask between 6-7pm ET.

http://imgur.com/a/ZvvJr
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not ideal, but better. Glad you're feeling more rested. As you know, we will look to additional nights on this trial. We have learned that the problem with CA is not the result of minimum pressure but of variable pressure. Again, we're seeing more signs of complex apnea than simple obstructive. I am curious if a soft cervical collar might help, and it would be pretty cheap to find out. We don't know why you have periods of flow-limited breathing and hypopnea, but that would be one possibility.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it is not ideal yet. I am planning to get a cervical collar. Do you think I need more higher pressure? Surprisingly, I now see higher flow limitation (FL) at higher pressure. I did not see FL at min pressure of 5 at all in past.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ravik, take it 0.5 cm at a time and see what you end up with, and be prepared to back down when you reach a point where it's uncomfortable or less productive. The cervical collar is just to eliminate that as a possible cause. Your hypopnea tend to occur in cluster with many hours of no problem, which give me reason to think that may be positional.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,
I will wait and see how I do with current pressure of 7 for few more days. Do you suggest I try using a cervical collar before increasing the pressure further?
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was OK but I do not feel fully rested this morning. Please see the screenshot.

http://imgur.com/a/V0W9H
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 280 1 hour ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 860 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,795 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 78 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.