Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
RE: Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
Numerically and by event type it's the same old hypopnea. Maybe that is what we get. Try the cervical collar, and do what feels best with the pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help Sleeprider.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I already ordered my cervical collar as suggested by Sleeprider.

While waiting for that I started testing with my full face mask ResMed F10. It is getting better results than nasal mask on higher pressure. I have increased pressure to 7.5. I do get very low Hypopnea but obstructive events have gone up. I feel better though. Here are the screenshots.

Daily:
http://imgur.com/a/J3CWv

One hour screenshot with OA events:

http://imgur.com/a/Ncq3s
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's put the cervical collar in place before making changes. The pattern is typical of positional apnea related to the kinds of things the collar should resolve.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please note that I think most of the obstructive events might be happening while I am sleeping on my back. I usually sleep on my sides but I do notice in middle of the night that I am sleeping on my back while I wake up 4-5 times during night.

How can I avoid sleeping on back? I do use an extra pillow to avoid it but it does not work entirely I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
The old tennis ball attached to the back of a sleep shirt may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Sleeprider,

I think we together have found the sweet spot (AHI of 0.42). Here is what we did:

1) Start using F10 full face mask, to take care of mouth breathing
2) Increase fixed pressure to 8
3) Start using cervical collar

Please see the daily chart:

http://imgur.com/a/6ek3l

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
yay!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent! Great to hear.
Post Reply Post Reply
You've come a long way baby! Credit where it's due, you figured this out and have optimized the tools to work best for you. Everyone seems to be a bit different, and there is no fixed recipe to achieve these good results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 45 1,855 2 hours ago
Last Post: Uzupan
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 306 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 182 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 876 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.