Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help bigtime
Need help bigtime

Had a sleep study done about 8 years ago and they said I had mild sleep apnia and told to wear a tee shirt with tennis balls sewed into the back to force me onto my side and end the snoring.

Now, don't have health insurance to do another sleep study. Bought the Philips DreamStation Auto CPAP from Amazon. Bought the Sleep Weaver cloth nasal Pap Mask.

Using info that I have found on-line to do the initial settings. Bought this machine since it automatically sets the needed pressure so I figured I could skip the professional figuring it out for me.

If anyone is familiar with the "Provider Mode settings" I could use some help. Seems that I am having trouble exhaling through the machine. All other info and tips greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help bigtime
start here: http://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-c...structions
Get the setup manual; and check your pressure settings.
If you're going this alone, better start using software such as #Sleepyhead to track your therapy.

PR machines have a pressure relief setting on exhale. It's one of the "Flex" settings. (Aflex)
I think it can be set to off, 1, 2 or 3.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JonM,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and good luck to you this time around with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine can provide Aflex or Cflex that provides up to 2-cm of pressure relief at the beginning of exhale. This is not like the full bilevel exhale relief of a Resmed machine, but be assured that sensitivity to the pressure will eventually go away. It would be very helpful to know what settings are being used. JustMongo gave you a link to how to get a supplier manual, but be sure to look here http://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-c...structions for the easy instructions on how to make changes, or record the settings.

You got a great deal on Amazon, and got a very good machine. Using #Sleepyhead will help you and us to optimize the settings. My signature includes links on how to organize charts, post them, and interpret them. Good luck and welcome.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2016, 05:58 PM)JonM Wrote: If anyone is familiar with the "Provider Mode settings" I could use some help.

Still hoping to chat with someone who knows what they are doing with the Provider Mode settings.

Post Reply Post Reply
Jon, you're going to need to tell us what your current settings are in order to help you. Using #SleepyHead software to help yourself and help us to help you is kind of a prerequisite. At the very least, you need to access the provider settings using the instructions here http://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-c...structions

Please record the following:
Mode:
Minimum pressure:
Maximum pressure:
Flex type:
Flex setting:

Your issue is with comfort. It would help to know if you are being treated effectively by knowing what your AHI is, and the average OA, CA and H event rates. Many of us certainly know our way around the provider menu. We don't know how it might affect you without some basic information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.