Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help for improvement
RE: Need help for improvement
(02-14-2020, 04:33 PM)Darama Wrote: My machine turns on full blast the minute I start using it, Is it possible to get in and change it to gradually get to max. I saw the manual to get into system to make changes. I am unclear on what option to use.

Ramp is the option you’d want.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all, 

OpalRose - thank you so much for restoring my post. 
I have been using the setting of 8.5 and 20 for about 3 weeks. When I first started my AHI stayed well around 1. 
However, since last week my AHI has gone to 1.5 to 3.5 in average and nothing has changed. 
When looking at the pressure chart, I feel like my machine does not respond to OA events very effectively. 
I think I will change to Resmes AirSense Autoset 10 to get a better treatment. 
Do you see any issue with my daily charts?

Thank you in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are able to change to the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, you will have more tools to work with. The Resmed responds much more affirmatively to the presnece of flow limiations and usually can get ahead of OA events. EPR is like a limited bilevel and can treat flow limits and hypopnea. I'm fairly certan your AHI will drop to about 1 or less.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have an opportunity to change to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, as SleepRider states, you might see better results.

In the meantime... I'm not sure what Flex setting your using, but try 2 or 1. It may not make a difference, but I wanted to see if the CA's might clear up. Or leave Flex at 1, and raise the min pressure to 9 if you can tolerate it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning. Hope all is well and you're staying safe in the midst of all the chaos.

Finally I changed to the Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet for the last 2 days.
I think it's too soon to say but I slept better and feel more rested. My headache also improved compared to when I used the DreamStation. 
The ResMed treated all of my OA and H, and the CA makes up most of my AHI. 
Just wonder if there is any of my settings might affect the CA

Pressure:        7.0 - 20 CmH2O
Humidifier:      1
EPR:              Off
Mask:            Full Face Mask AirTouch F20 

Thank you all !!

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad you've switched to the ResMed machine and that the early indications are it is giving you better rest.

Could you move the mask pressure graph out of the screen shot and move the flow limitations and snore graphs in? You can scrunch the graphs a little by grabbing the horizontal gray bars.

I think seeing the snore and FL graphs may help the experts advise you about further tweaks to your settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dormeo. I hope I did it correctly.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like a change for the better. Please consider adding in EPR full-time. Start with 1 and increase as you feel more comfortable with it. This will treat the flow limitations that are driving pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy Friday all, 

After switching to the Resmed auto airsense 10 from DreamStation for 4 months, I want to provide an update and see if you all have any suggestion to optimize my treatment. 
My sleepiness, fatigue and headache symptom is getting better (compare to when I use the DreamStation) but I still experience it most day of the week. 
My headache is the top of my concern. I think it is migraine actually. I feel the tension on my right eye area.
Walking up in the morning I still feel tired and not totally fresh yet. 
Would you please take a look of my most current charts to see if there is any setting I would adjust. 
Also, even though I am using a FFM, my mouth is still dried and I am considering using the SomniFix. Do you think I should try it?

Thank you so much guys and hope you all have a great weekend

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll suggest setting EPR = 2 full time. The idea is to improve your gas exchange and slightly boost your O2 levels which hopefully impact your headache in a positive manor.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 79 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Grin New CPAP User, looking for improvement help babysleep 8 469 01-24-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  eXciteOSA See Any Improvement? (with images) bergerj 6 1,675 01-21-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: jrolli1509
  some improvement but still having symptoms her.suit 1 244 01-04-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  First OSCAR data - lots of leaks and hardly any improvement :-( p123 8 686 10-10-2023, 03:48 AM
Last Post: p123
  Started CPAP three weeks ago and there is NO improvement in my sleep or how I feel drago7579 43 4,303 09-10-2023, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.