Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help getting restarted with SleepyHead for Mac and Dream Station
Need help getting restarted with SleepyHead for Mac and Dream Station
Last year, I downloaded SleepyHead (SH) to my Macbook pro and started to use it. But I always had trouble getting SH to recognize my SD card up and to work properly, even with the benefit of patient help from several members of this forum. Then my doctor switched me from a Resmed 10 to a Dream Station (DS). At that time, SH did not work with DS. So I just stopped thinking about Sleepyhead and basically forgot whatever I knew about how to use it. Recently, however, my doctor mentioned that SH is now DS-compatible, so I'd like to try again--but I feel I need help. For starters, I already have an older version of SH on my laptop (there is a little sheep icon in my dock), and I don't know what to do with this existing old SH program if I'm going to download a new version. I'd be very thankful for any step-by-step guidance that anyone can give me to get going again.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help getting restarted with SleepyHead for Mac and Dream Station
Here is the link to the SleepyHead Beginner Guide:
Sleepyhead Beginner's Guide:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid73182

Here is the download link:
http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./
(also listed at the top of the page)

SleepyHead is a standalone type of program that only uses its local directory to operate. This means that you can have multiple versions on the same computer so long as you store each one in its own directory. This includes the data directories as well. The newer version will look for an older version and ask if you wish to update the data from it.

I hope this helps.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Crimson Nape. I just downloaded the new version. I ended up deleting the old version and icon from my applications folder and dock, because I was seeing a duplicate in the dock. So I think I have the new one running now and the old ones deleted. But when I started the new SH, it saved data from my last usage (January, 2016) and that old data is what displays on the Statistics page--even when I advance the date to display last night's data (I already inserted my SD card from last night). So I'm not seeing current data. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
If I'm understanding you question correctly - In the File->Preferences there is an option to ignore data older than a certain date. Take that puppy for a test drive.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Crimson Nape. I think I've straightened things out. I ended up buying an external SD reader. My built-in seems to have been the problem. I've uploaded new data successfully and things seem to be working now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1 JshMD 2 953 04-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Aces
  Dream Station 2 and oscar Pweber88 5 718 09-12-2022, 06:34 AM
Last Post: querist
  EncorePro 2.24 - Dream Station 2 Data Files Steve Dever 3 1,097 11-09-2021, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Steve Dever
  Dream mapper blue tooth stopped working Kathylee 10 27,873 02-10-2020, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Mac Daddy
  Cannot display Dream Station APAP waveform plots with OSCAR mjrPdqkLguUgGLE 1 923 01-05-2020, 10:06 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR not working with Dream station BPAP AutoSV kenf 6 1,319 11-27-2019, 09:30 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Dream mapper login problem kodungookaran 7 7,137 12-12-2018, 11:17 AM
Last Post: tkramer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.