Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help identifying therapy problems
Need help identifying therapy problems
I resumed therapy about two years ago after a break of about ten years ... see http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ctor-visit for background.

I had good therapy results although I had problems trying to find the perfect mask.  The P10 bothered my left nostril quite a bit due to a deviated septum so I switched to the N20 which I liked pretty well but then a couple of months ago switched back to the P10 and found it to be more comfortable.  In hindsight, it seems probably because the headband was stretched and it was a bit looser on my big head.  Last week I decided I needed a new headband for the P10 as it had gone out of place during the night several times.  I toss and turn in bed quite a bit (mostly due to shoulder pain, etc.)  At the same time, my Airsense was showing some higher AHI scores (2, 3, etc.), though I'm not seeing that in OSCAR which I downloaded today.

I've used the P10 with the new headband the past two nights.  Two nights ago I was up late but noticed yesterday morning that my therapy session was shorter than I expected by about 45 minutes but I'm pretty sure I did not take the mask off during the night (I usually remember pretty well when I put it back on when that happens).  Last night was worse, I actually got more sleep than I normally do but my therapy was shortened by over three hours.  I don't know if I'm starting to sleep with my mouth open and the leak rate shuts down the machine or what.  I'm attaching last night's chart only at this time.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=12035]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help identifying therapy problems
Last night I had higher leak rates again but no gap in therapy.  Is this from me snoring and/or sleeping with my mouth open?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=12064]
Post Reply Post Reply
great ahi. your leak triggered a ua but you don't have so many leaks as to otherwise wreck your treatment. some snores but not so bad. clearly flow limited and clearly leaking so yes, breathing around your mask; with nasal pillows, probably mouth leaking. try a soft cervical collar. not pleasant but easily adapted to, the collar helps relieve positional clusters of events (which doesn't look like a problem for you in the posted chart) and mouth leaks. even reduces lip leaks to a large degree. others use chin strap, mouth tape, tongue suck method to reduce mouth leaks. whatever works for you., alone or in combination. lots to read about these; search the forum for more info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!

Until recently my AHI has mostly been 0.3 to 0.8, sometimes even 0.0.  I've gained some weight but also working hard and more exhausted when I go to bed.  Yesterday I napped for an hour or two after rain disrupted my farm work.  I'll look into a collar.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,058 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 250 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,261 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,335 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 954 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 806 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.