Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help in chosing a new bed
We have tried air mattresses, waterbed mattresses, sleep number mattresses, regular plain-vanilla mattresses, and now we're on a memory foam mattress.

But my favorite of all? A 25 year old couch that has been beaten all to heck. I had occasion to crash on it (with mask of course) one night awhile back and I loved it. No achy hip. No achy knees. No achy back. No achy nothin! It was great.

So now I sleep in our nice expensive memory foam bed sometimes until I can't stand it anymore. Then off to the couch I go to sink into a puddle of 25 year old fluff. It's great. It's also a pain in the neck to have to move my machine all the time. For that reason, guess what my next acquisition is going to be... Yep, you're right, a two person 25 year old couch for the bedroom. My wife thinks I'm nuts. But, as we all know, I have established that that is not the case.

Post Reply Post Reply
What was that you claim we have established????
Post Reply Post Reply
Why not just buy another APAP, hide it behind the couch so The Puppies can't chew it and sleep on the couch in the living room?
Post Reply Post Reply

(08-22-2014, 09:37 PM)MAPnea Wrote: Why not just buy another APAP, hide it behind the couch so The Puppies can't chew it and sleep on the couch in the living room?

[Image: like.jpg]
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a Latex foam mattress from [commericial URL removed per Apnea Board rules. Just tell folks you got it from "sleepez", but don't list the web address.] I've had it now for about 6 years and it is by far the best mattress I've ever owned. I got the full 13" one which is four layers of latex foam. Great bed.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules. To refer to the web address of a specific online CPAP Supplier, please read the guidelines placed on our CPAP Supplier List (link at the top right of every forum page).

If you would like to help another member with a commercial link that does not lead to a CPAP supplier (or to a supplier not on the list), the easiest way is to say something like, "Do a Google search for 'xyxproducts'". The search text cannot contain the '.com' or '.net' type endings if referring to a website. Alternatively, you could send them a Private Message (PM). Maintaining our status as an educational organization is what allows Apnea Board to legally distribute clinician manuals. Thanks for your understanding.
Post Reply Post Reply
Damn, looks like I just violated a rule..
Post Reply Post Reply

Our bed is a Large WATERBED King (doesn't exactly fit CA king or whatever).

Waterbed is now using (9) tubes for water -- you can fill each of the tubes to a different amount and get ANY combination of firmness you require.

On top of that is 1 inch (2.5cm) of MEMORY FOAM.

On top of that is the Pillow Top mattress cover[b].

1200 count cotton or model sheets.

[b]Sleeps better than ANY bed I have ever seen anywhere

(However, never tried a bead air bed. The things use air to keep really find grain plastic balls moving gentely.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Mattresses are like CPAP masks. Everyone has different needs, likes, and dislikes in a mattress. Maybe that is why there are so many on the market. Or maybe there are so many on the market because of the huge profit margin involved with mattresses.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2014, 11:42 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Everyone has different needs, likes, and dislikes...........

Well, maybe everyone else. But not me. My needs, likes, and dislikes are the same.
Post Reply Post Reply

(01-04-2014, 10:41 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(01-04-2014, 06:18 PM)me50 Wrote: hmmm.....I thought that retailers had the beds refurbished, i.e., replacing everything but the coils. learned something new today.

It's quite possible that you're right and what you learned from me is wrong. Too-funny

Laws vary from state to state, so it could be that practices are different in different places.

I would think it would be cheaper and easier to just build a new one!

keeps the coils out of the landfill
Post Reply Post Reply