Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help interpreting OSCAR data
Need help interpreting OSCAR data
Hi everyone, I just joined here to get help related to UARS diagnosis/treatment. I would be grateful if anyone can help me by sharing their knowledge and experience on the issue. To keep the post short, I will quickly summarize my history, but please let me know if you need any more info.
·       I am currently suspecting upper airways resistance syndrome.
·       I had polysomnography (PSG) done three years ago, but it came back negative
·       In the meantime, I bought a CPAP machine myself and I have been using it despite the negative polysomnography results, since using CPAP greatly helped my daytime fatigue and quality of sleep which were the issues that prompted me to get the PSG.
·       From time to time my fatigue and quality of sleep would get worse and I would need to increase my CPAP pressure to resolve the symptoms for another few months. Now I am on 10.4 cmH20 and beyond this, I start getting aerophagia
·       For ~1.5 years my fatigue has been getting progressively worse.
·       I am currently suspecting upper airways resistance syndrome UARS and I had a WatchPat One test done and the results point in the direction of UARS but also the recording stopped when my sleep and breathing were getting worse during the test, so I suspect that the values are much worse. I am planning to do the test again.
·       In the meantime, I bought a second-hand BiPAP (Aircurve 10 VAUTO) to see if that helps but so far, I haven’t had much luck.
·       I would be grateful if looking at the OCSAR data anyone can share what sort of disordered breathing can be seen and what settings to change to hopefully improve.

Also I often see such a breathing pattern in my data, which I am guessing is irregular. It seems like my expirations are long and with some weird fluctuations.

Similarly, another weird breathing pattern I often notice looks like follows:

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help interpreting OSCAR data
Hi zombied! Welcome

I have deleted your initial post since you duplicated it here. Also, I deleted the image reference in your thread title. Please keep all your related posts in the same thread, so readers can review what has taken place with your therapy.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crimson Nape, thanks so much for the welcome and the help with the post.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried higher PS? I would try it and lower the pressure to accommodate. Pressure mostly fights apnea and PS fights restriction. It doesn't sound like you have apnea. You can probably try PS 3 over 6 for a couple nights and then PS 3.5 over 6 depending on the results.

The fluctuations on exhalation period are called cardiogenic oscillations and are caused by pulmonary blood flow (arteries in lung increasing and decreasing in size due to blood flow). Some people have them more then others (I am one of them as well).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 53 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 107 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 68 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 147 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.