Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help interpreting OSCAR data
Need help interpreting OSCAR data
I have uploaaded last night's OSCAR data to Imgur. I am new to OSCAR and need some help interpreting this. It seems to me tome in large leak is a big issue, although it appears that before I ripped my new chin strap off in my sleep it was dong a good job of stopping leaks:

https://imgur.com/a/yOcesN3

Any further insights would be much appreciated.
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help interpreting OSCAR data
With BiPAP ST at 17/9 pressure (PS 8.0) your AHI is over 13 events per hour with predominately OA and H events and leaks are a significant factor affecting efficacy. With the extent of OA events here the normal response is to increase EPAP pressure. Getting a suitable mask that fits and reduces leaks to a reasonable level is the first priority. The Mask Primer wiki is linked in my signature and is a good resource for fitting and selecting masks. There is a good argument for increasing EPAP pressure at least 1-cm, and I'm not sure why you are using 8-cm of pressure support, but you can increase that or leave it at 17 depending on what we're trying to do.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider Smile 

I have a Wisp mask so will try that.

I will also try raising EPAP by 1cm as you suggest.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have uploaded the image from last night, now I have studied the instructions on adding an image, partly to learn the process and partly to show the change in leak rate. 

I am pleased to note the AHI has dropped a bit, as has the leak rate (maybe connected). Last night I wore the chinstrap for a greater proportion of the night so I put it down to this. One change at a time is my way.    

Is the leak rate still too high though?

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats, however it looks like your pressure settings were the same. Increase EPAP to 10.0 and it should reduce OA events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you think of these IPAP and EPAP figures
I have picked these IPAP and EPAP figures out of last night's data. I am curious to know what the significance is. 

To my untrained eye it seems I need to raise the pressures (17-9 last night).

Min    Med   95%   Max 
EPAP   4.70    8.90   8.90   9.00
IPAP    4.70 16.80   17.00  17.10

What does "Med" stand for? If it is some kind of average this would seem to me to imply that my pressures are whacked up against the max all the time.

What does 95% refer to exactly?

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What do you think of these IPAP and EPAP figures
Med equals Median. Of all the pressures, the median represents the number in the middle of what your machine used to give therapy in that session.

95% is where your pressure was during 95% of the session.

On Respironics machines, you should have pressure settings closer to the Median and 95% numbers. The PR machines are slower to respond to events than compared to a ResMed. It would be a good idea to show the OSCAR chart to go along with this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What do you think of these IPAP and EPAP figures
Chalkie can you keep your posts in one thread so we can see what has been suggested and the effects on your numbers that makes it easier for us to track
Post Reply Post Reply
Chalkie,
I have merged your last two therapy threads.

Please keep you therapy data questions and charts to this thread. You will get better responses if folk don't have to jump around looking for your previous charts and data.

Thanks!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, please upgrade to the 1.1.0 release of OSCAR. You're running an older beta that's missing a lot of fixes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 35 2 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 105 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 403 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 141 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.