Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help interpreting Oscar Data
Need help interpreting Oscar Data
So I just got my resmed 10 roughly a week ago and my AHI diagnosed was about 11 an hour and my AHI has hovered from 3-4 every night with this machine, but Yesterday its reading about 9 events an hour even though I didn't do much different! I will be uploading pictures of my Oscar data in the hopes one of you helpful people can give me some insight as to what I could possibly be doing better Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help interpreting Oscar Data
Welcome to the forum

What was happening before the segment you presented?

You are in this segment taking a big breath and holding it once per minute roughly. This usually signifies movement. The question is why.
A screenshot of the entire night would provide context.
How does the depth of your breathing here compare to your normal? And that of the segment before this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, thanks for responding! I've attached two pics that may provide more data? i hope so, let me know if you need something else

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Guessing may also be partly due, looks like quick afternoon Nap? may not be a true average measure, as short sleep period may multiply AHI depending on your of sleep cycle pattern's, that may contribute to the events ? if at time ? cycling, Light awakeness, Deep, Rem in such short time frame? In comparison over a full 8 hrs average may more level the AHI out ? but also can be vise a versa ? virtually in a 1/2hrs session around 14:45 to 15:15hrs then approx 1 and 1/2 with no events?

I see 1 chart Bulk of events around 1hrs 1645-1745hrs had 10 Obs & 4 CA which round figures that is for that hr equal to 14ish AHI ? then 1900-0700hrs 12Hrs without event ? and then brought down average for those hrs 1 Hr @ 14ish and 12hrs at Nil then average out at think would be the 14events / 13 Hours = Average AHI of 1.08 ?? Well I thinks that's how to simplistic of how I think it works ? Note is example of Picking and choosing, Sleep time slots? to manipulate AHI sessions.

I mostly on and off Machine particular in morning if getting restless so can isolate from solid nights sleep from last hr 2 if looking for sleep in and expect JWS ?

If then add on the extra time sleep events from where get some more from 0700hrs to 1130hrs the AHI will change again ??
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 8 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 66 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 144 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.