Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help moving settings from Dreamstation auto bilevel to Vauto
Need help moving settings from Dreamstation auto bilevel to Vauto
Hi all, thanks for the information on the recall, no one else has good information. I posted that my husband got no help from the VA about his Dreamstation Auto bipap, and had no rx. I called supplier 2 (kudos, awesome customer service) and bought an open box new Resmed VAuto. It’s now here, unlocked and I know how to set it, since I use one. The problem is in transferring his old settings to the new vauto. His old had settings of min ps4 and max ps8. I have never seen an option like that on the vauto, just one ps setting. I went with 4 on the vauto, is that correct? I also ran his old card through oscar and he is averaging 5-6 clear airway events as his AHI. He shows no OSA (cervical collar works), just centrals. He was initially diagnosed with mixed, primarily central apnea and possible Cheyne-Stokes. I am wondering if there are better settings for him? Different machine? They had him at 8-20. I saw his highest pressure was almost 16, so I set him at 8-18 for a trial tonight.  

For you veterans, the VA stops looking at any of your data after 1 year of use, so don’t expect support. I can’t register the Resmed with them as they won’t pay for Resmed’s software (or wouldn’t when he got his Dreamstation) so I can use your help once I have some OSCAR data for you. 

Open to all suggestions re his changeover. 

Again, highly recommend Supplier 2 especially if you don’t have an rx. Ordered it yesterday AM, got it this afternoon. 

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help moving settings from Dreamstation auto bilevel to Vauto
It's possible that you're dealing with pre-existing Central Apnea but only a detailed diagnostic sleep study report would tell us this. I'm not saying that's in any way definite, but that there's only Centrals showing indicates this is a maybe.

I would try that PS of 4, as the VAuto doesn't have PS Min and Max that I'm aware of. And with the CA events, you'll not want a high PS anyway.

It's not the first time a doctor messed up PAP therapy settings. Sometimes they get them OK and others they're really botched. Ditto for machine and diagnosis.

Post a standard OSCAR shot via F12 on a Windows PC. We need to see a Daily chart.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
PS tell us what the old PAP, DreamStation DSXxxxx on the bottom or rear ID sticker states as model.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If he has centrals you will want to set the trigger to high. It helps to control CA. 

Your inhale pressure is the min+ps, your exhale pressure is the min. 

The max is the highest the machine will go up to control apnea events. 

I have a VAUTO and think it is a great machine.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2021, 09:37 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: PS tell us what the old PAP, DreamStation DSXxxxx on the bottom or rear ID sticker states as model.
It’s a DSX700H11C Dream Stn AutoBipap HUM Cell DOM. Will get the Oscar screenshot tomorrow. 
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2021, 09:50 PM)staceyburke Wrote: If he has centrals you will want to set the trigger to high. It helps to control CA. 

Your inhale pressure is the min+ps, your exhale pressure is the min. 

The max is the highest the machine will go up to control apnea events. 

I have a VAUTO and think it is a great machine.

I wondered about the trigger. Left those settings on the default medium for tonight. I think that seeing a night of Oscar with these settings will give a baseline of sorts. I also wanted his feedback after using it to help adjust settings with the different algorithm. 
Great idea, thanks! And I love my VAuto too!
Post Reply Post Reply
OK thanks. That's Respironics Auto BPAP. Just making sure. And look forward to seeing an OSCAR shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Baseline first. PS=4.
Then evaluate. Then trigger= high and we can see if it makes a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2021, 10:12 PM)Gideon Wrote: Baseline first.  PS=4.
Then evaluate.  Then trigger= high and we can see if it makes a difference.

Will do. Thank you. I will post the screenshot on this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
Note:  Neo2020 data post has been moved to a new thread here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...apy-thread
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 849 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,954 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 77 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 197 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Sucking in on bilevel ahuman 9 174 03-19-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: ahuman
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 455 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.