Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help on cpap settings
RE: Need help on cpap settings
(09-10-2020, 01:19 PM)mesenteria Wrote: I must not be looking at the right information, Sleeprider.  When I look at either of his two last panels, the index at the left margin says the mode set is 'CPAP' and it says the pressure is fixed at 9.0  Where else should I be looking?

Look at the actual graphs. The pressure graph (red) line is the minimum pressure (IPAP) and the green line represents (EPAP.) Also the statistics on the left side bar shows the median, 95% and max numbers.

I'm not real sure why the information at the top left bar is thrown to the left and why it doesn't reflect the settings that the OP made. But, and I can't remember where I read this, if a change is made during the night, the Cpap mode only reflects the original settings. I may not be explaining that correctly. Thinking-about
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I recall, OSCAR reports the settings from one point in time that reflect for that entire period. It does not show any setting changes that may have been made. The machine must be in Auto of some flavor or the pressure chart would not have 2 trace lines throughout the span of time.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to you both.  SR straightened me out on a message to keep the clutter down, which I ain't helping.  Too-funny Changes made after mid-day won't be reflected until the following full day's recording session.  And yes, I had noticed the two pressures and assumed it was like my own Elite, fixed, but permits EPR.

I hope I get all this before I expire.
Post Reply Post Reply
I prefer the "clutter" if it helps others understand. If we don't try to answer each other here in the forum, how would anyone understand what to look for in a graph? In other words, when questions are answered privately, it leaves others out that may be reading along and want an answer too.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, the problem here is that OSCAR doesn't have all the settings for this day.  The "guessed" phrase just means that the settings data found in the str.edf file is for some reason not available for this day, so OSCAR shows the previous day's settings in the hope that they are accurate for today.  The next release of OSCAR will change the language to make it clearer that some data is missing and that OSCAR isn't just "guessing".  We also hope that the next version of OSCAR will make the problem of missing settings less likely so this situation won't arise at all.

An additional issue is that the ResMed machines record settings in the str.edf file the first time the machine is used each day (noon to noon). So if you change the settings after you first use a machine on a day, then use the machine for the rest of the night, the str.edf file has already been written and contains the settings in effect at the first use. However, the graphs etc. reflect the settings in effect at the time on the graph. This is a machine "feature," not an OSCAR issue, as the machine just doesn't report that settings were different during part of the day.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2020, 05:37 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I prefer the "clutter" if it helps others understand.  If we don't try to answer each other here in the forum, how would anyone understand what to look for in a graph?  In other words, when questions are answered privately, it leaves others out that may be reading along and want an answer too.

Agreed

As long as the replies are "on topic" then it is definitely better to have them visible within the thread.. 
Now the answers to why the settings don't show as expected is lost to anyone else who was reading this thread. 

Dont-know
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help. I will work on the leaks. I have been out of town 3 days. Slept poorly each of last three nights, wake a lot of the time. Still awake each 1-2 hours. I am posting my last 3 nights to make sure you still want me to go to 14 max and 10 min. Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Trouble adding 3 attachments. Here is another night

another try[attachment=26480][attachment=26481]
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=26523]maybe slightly better sleep last night. Still woke up every1-2 hours. Will work on mask leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
With those flow limitations, only your maximum pressure is in play. If you set the pressure to be fixed at 12 with EPR 3 it might be less disruptive.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 227 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 450 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [CPAP] BiLevel Settings From CPAP fstbiker 17 937 01-28-2024, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Settings Help as New CPAP User alienfrontier 7 476 01-18-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.