Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help on cpap settings
RE: Need help on cpap settings
so you are recommending going back to manual from auto, and set at max 12? Any min or ramp up?
Post Reply Post Reply
The ROT here is to not use a ramp unless it is necessary.
When you are setting a fixed pressure there is no min or max, or you set min = max = 12.
Post Reply Post Reply
Beaumont, your flow limitations are high enough that your pressure will bump up to the max persistently. My suggestions is to set minimum and maximum at an equal pressure you find comfortable and just go with with that. I think the constant up and down of pressure is a disruptive influence on sleep, so whether you choose 12 cm or 14 cm probably won't make a lot of difference. In auto mode you reach the maximum pressure set, and then just bounce around within 1-cm of that due to the flow limits. It appears your OSCAR chart is not showing the actual pressure settings from this night, and you are actually at 10-14 PS 3 here. I do think at this point a fixed pressure will be less disruptive and may give more useful information on how your respond. As far as ramp is concerned, you are using a 20 minute ramp from 5.0. If that's what you need then fine, but most of us eventually get away from ramp.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=26523]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the help. Did change to 12 setting, without ramp. At the new settings had a good night for me. Woke every 2 hours, but able to go right back to sleep each time.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great news. I think without all the pressure fluctuation you are going to experience better sleep. Periodic arousals are not uncommon and nothing to be concerned about if you can return to sleep. Keep us posted how it goes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=26562][attachment=26563][attachment=26562]This is last nights data after changing setting to 12. Included a flow rate before a rear event. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
it is great you are finding the correct pressure that you can get a good nights sleep. But I still think your leaks need to be attended to. A better mask fit, different mask, tape, collar, sleep position, something to stop the leaks.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
i have been using the n30I, seems fine with leaks when on back but wake up with leaks. I think i will try my p10 again, since the sores in my nares have healed. I will eventually stop the leaks. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limitation is a prominent feature of your therapy and I don’t expect significant reduction without moving to bilevel. If you want to establish whether additional progress is possible on CPAP, continue a few more nights at pressure 12, then try a few nights at 14. If the 95% flow limit does not go down with higher pressure, we have your answer. This was part of the reason for fixing pressure to get a valid comparison.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to post some numbers from my sleep study done 2017. ahi-20.8. low oximetry was 67%. Obstructive 43, Central 5, Hypopnea 10, RERA 0.
Sleep architecture abnormal, increased wake after sleep onset, sleep fragmentation, frequent arousals. 7.1% spent in N1, 71.4% N2,0% N3, 21.55 REM
EEG-Max HR182 duringWake,126 during REM, and 139 during NREM. Mean HR during Wake 53.2, REM 48.6, and 48.4 NREM.
Arousals and Limb Movement- arousal index 47.4/hr. Of the total arousals 73 spontaneous, 29 respiratory events, 31 limb movements. Periodic limb movements significantly disturbed sleep.
Assessments- mild sleep apnea, predominantly obstructive, documented arterial oxygen desaturation. The patients sleep- disordered breathing is severe in REM sleep.

Titration study lowered AHI to 1.2. Sleep efficiency basically unchanged-initially 68% after titration 66%. Apneas-OA 0, CO 0,Hypopneas 6, RERA 2
Lowest Spo2 was 88%
Arousal index was 29.8/hr -58 spontaneous, 3 respiratory, 85 limb movements. Limb movement index 102/hr.

My sleep seems to have worsened over the last 3 years on the CPAP machine. We have been working on getting my RERA events down to improve my sleep. Does any information in my sleep report help shed light on my poor sleep? Thanks, have had two sleep doctors-not sure either read my report.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 225 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 447 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [CPAP] BiLevel Settings From CPAP fstbiker 17 933 01-28-2024, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Settings Help as New CPAP User alienfrontier 7 472 01-18-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.