Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help on cpap settings
RE: Need help on cpap settings
Thanks Dave I'm a little color blind and was on an Iphone. Just did not see it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
no problem, glad to assist
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
referring to the charts in post #38, it would be interesting to see a couple 10 minute views of some of the hairbrushy areas most active w flow limitations & leaks (preferably leaks below the red line) & also 2 minute views of your session ends. idk if we'll see anything significant - I assume you've been looking & I didn't see anything in the few closer screenshots you posted earlier - but maybe we'll get lucky. it's up to you, whether it'd be worth your effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
        Not sure if these are the 10 minute blowups you were talking about.
Post Reply Post Reply
your sleep study said plm significantly disturbed sleep. Sleeprider said: Beaumont, your flow limitations are high enough that your pressure will bump up to the max persistently.

if you're still looking for a reason you're not feeling rested, plm should be your first suspect. regarding Sleeprider's statement, my experience is that resmed machines raise pressure ineffectively and disturbingly against plm respiration.

once again neither of those screenshots is definitive to me but I see hints of plm in there. regardless, it was identified in your sleep study and needs to be treated to confirm or rule out plm. audio and video would also be determinative. in my experience, pap machines will not help and will actually worsen plm sleep disturbances.
Post Reply Post Reply

Looking at these charts and trying to see the relationships between flow rate, leaks , and apneas. Does flow rate trigger the other two? Is there a time limit on duration of apneas that becomes concerning? Have chin strap coming to address mouth breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
My leaks are always accompanied with low flow rates and when I do have Events (either OA, or H) it is during a leak. I can't say you would be the same but just compare the leaks and the events and see if they correlate.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The period starting at 00:30 shows marked flow limitation at the fixed pressure of 12.0/9.0. The fact this is clustered suggests upper airway restriction from a positional alignment problem. In the zoomed image at 00:31 we see increasing flow limitation approaching hypopnea, punctuated by recovery breathing that causes the RERA flag. This is followed by a full obstructive apnea marked UA and ending in more high-volume recovery breathing. If this were a common feature of your therapy throughout the night we would suggest higher pressure or pressure support, however the clustering does suggest positional apnea. Your 95% flow limit remains quite high at 0.18 and the better solution for this is pressure support, but I would not hesitate to try higher pressure to see if that can improve things.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for all the help , determined to sleep better. . I have chin strap on order and then ssc to work on positional. I tried taping mouth, the tongue method works good most of the time, but before i went to sleep every 15 minutes a rush of air would blow my checks out when my tongue seal released. With mouth taped shut didn't know what to do with all the air, would then kind of swallow it , reseal then start again. Will try chin strap before trying taping again.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can learn a lot of air control by learning to sip a drink from a straw while on nasal CPAP, talking, alternately breathing from the mouth and nose, nasal breathing with the mouth open, and a bunch of other things that require you to think about how to isolate parts of your airway. All of these things can be done, and will translate in learning how to manage CPAP air better. It may have some amusing results in the first attempts, but keep at it, and you will be talking to people while on CPAP before you know it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 225 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 447 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [CPAP] BiLevel Settings From CPAP fstbiker 17 933 01-28-2024, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Settings Help as New CPAP User alienfrontier 7 472 01-18-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.