Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help on cpap settings
RE: Need help on cpap settings
        Seems like making progress. Last weeks sleep- 4-4 1/2 hours straight sleep without awakenings followed by intermittent sleep. This is much better than my usual 1-2 hour all night awakenings. Have been using the knightsbridge chin strap for a week. Am getting used to it, it has reduce my leaks.  I increased my pressure to 13.8-14 range, which has't seemed to have lowered my flow limitations. Have a ssc and mouth tape to try. Thanks again for your interest in helping others.
Post Reply Post Reply
Note that I am basing this comment only on what I see in this latest chart. The only weapons left in your arsenal are to increase pressure or to switch to Auto/APAP and give it a range so as to avoid it running higher at all times and sacrificing your comfort. As is on the pressure being near 14, you're in the area that I myself shouted for a BPAP to relieve the higher pressures to exhale. What I mean is at about 14, 15 cmH20 doctors start considering BPAP as necessary to continue proper therapy, with insurance agreeing this is sufficient for cause.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thats what I thought. I suggested a bpap to my doctor based on flow limitations. He said you have to be calibrated new on a bi-level machine and not simply changed over from cpap. He wants me to send him data, apparently he doesn't have the capability of checking my data from his office. He is my Primary care doctor that advertises he is board certified in sleep medicine. I gave him copy of my sleep studies a year ago, i don't think he ever looked at it. I am not sure I want to go through the trouble of trying to convince my doctor i need a bi-level machine or just purchase one on my own.
Post Reply Post Reply
To legaly purchase a 'BiLevel without Backup' you need a prescription.
That said, It is possible to purchase via craigslist, offerup, dotmed, etc. without a prescription.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought my VAUTO from Supplier #2 on the suppliers list at the top of the site. Used 1 month great shape and company. 799$ They did not ask for a prescription
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems it's your choice to buy from Supplier #2 or similar or build a list of symptoms/complaints and data to get Dr. Dolittle to write a script.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update, I am sleeping now maybe 3 hours  without awakenings instead of every 1-2 hours. Two nights posted here show one night with increase AHI and hypopnea while wearing chin strap and mouth tape. Chin tucking seems a problem with Knightbridge chin strap. Last night with SSC and mouth taping clustered apneas gone. No matter what i do leaks are constant, now will revisit full face mask as nasal cushings and pillows, even with tape and or chin strap or SSC doesn't stop leaks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The most notable feature other than the chin tucking and leaks are the Flow Limits which are high in both charts, With EPR =3 the only option to decrease these is to increase pressure. They should not be chased unless they are bothering you.

I do suspect that you may have a VAuto in your future, though it would have to be a seld-purchase. This would give you higher levels of PS which should tame the flow limits.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see the same as bonjour. Now you're at the limit for what your AutoSet can do for you unless you bump pressure up. I think the VAuto would be more comfortable when running at pressures you'll need, and with higher PS this can help with the FL.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks , one way or the other a Vauto is on the horizon.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 230 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 450 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 261 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [CPAP] BiLevel Settings From CPAP fstbiker 17 937 01-28-2024, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Settings Help as New CPAP User alienfrontier 7 476 01-18-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.