Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help on cpap settings
RE: Need help on cpap settings
Yes those are the default, no changes...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I have another settings question on the Vauto. The essentials setting, what does it do and what should i have it set on?
Post Reply Post Reply
Essentials gives you On and Plus. Go with Plus. It adds more data points onto the PAP display.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
        First night on the Vauto i think went well. I had a couple of CA events which usually don't have. Still woke up multiple times, about same as old machine. Flow limitations look better. Breathing seemed easier on the Vauto.  Unless you have other ideas my plan is to stay at these settings for while till i get used to the VAUTo.O. Thanks again for the help
Post Reply Post Reply
You actually had a much better night according to OSCAR - take a look at the flow limits...  Much better, flow limits are apnea only smaller (take a look at my signature).  These settings look good now it is the process of you feeling better.  Your numbers will not get much better than this.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
No need to worry about the CA’s as they occurred when you were likely awake as shortly after you turned the machine off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd target how you felt over a 0.3x CA level. If you were comfortable with settings as is, no need to change it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
            I have logged a couple more nights on VAUTO. I still seem to breath easier on this machine, but still have some awakenings. I feel the awakening are more related to sleeping with FFM and SSC. The combination takes adjusting to. I have a couple questions on my new machine. The length on inspiration has drastically reduced on the VAUTO compared to the Airsense and the length of expiration has increased a lot. Is this a normal difference in the machines? Is this a good change? Also having a total of 2-3 CA events i was not having on old machine, along with now not showing fl,oa,hypopneas and reras.  Mainly just question on inspiration and expiration times. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
This is found in WIKI, I have had no experience with this but you can  look into it if you want.  "if expiration time is too short.25 Cycle sensitivity sets the level of inspiratory flow below which the device changes from IPAP to EPAP. High cycle setting is recommended when shortened Ti is needed, such as for COPD or if the patient complains that the breaths are too long. Low cycle is recommended when longer Ti is needed for neuromuscular diseases, weak respiratory effort, or stiff lungs, or if the patient complains that the pressure seems to switch from IPAP to EPAP too quickly. "
Post Reply Post Reply
I think we tend to take the time we need to inhale, but the maximum time of inspiration setting needs to allow for your normal respiration. Unless TiMax is set to less than 1.8, it is probably not a factor. You can set TiMax to 2.0 to ensure that you get IPAP pressure through your entire inspiratory time without cycling to EPAP. The default for TiMin is 0.3 seconds, and in your case we won't make a change to that setting. What has happened is that pressure support has fully mitigated flow limitation which is what caused longer inspiratory time previously. Your tidal volume is actually the same, it just takes less time to get the air you need for a full breath.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 223 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 444 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 259 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [CPAP] BiLevel Settings From CPAP fstbiker 17 932 01-28-2024, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Settings Help as New CPAP User alienfrontier 7 471 01-18-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.