Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help please! High events per hour
RE: Need help please! High events per hour
That's what I wanted to see, but no Periodic breathing/CSR here.

Make the changes I suggested earlier and let's see where that takes us. The titration study makes me think this is Treatment-emergent central apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your input Fred. Will adjust the EPR to 0. I'm in the process of ordering a cervical collar online. I will also leave the pressure setting at 7-15 as you previously suggested. Do you recommend I use 3M micropore tape over my mouth to prevent mouth breathing while using the Resmed P10 mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello to those members who are monitoring my posts and assisting me! I have the OSCAR results from last night and have figured out how to attach them as a screenshot. I look forward to your valuable interpretation of the results. 

I used a Resmed Airsense 10 autoset set to auto and not CPAP. The pressures were 7-15 and I set the EPR to 1 - I could not get it to 0 - only 1,2 or 3.  I also used a Resmed P10 nasal pillows mask. I placed a rolled up towel under my neck in the hope that would help with my chin going down. I did not have a comfortable night at all. I know I was awake several times and my breathing was quite labored at times. My nostrils feel sensitive this morning, possibly from the airflow. I woke up a few times during the night aware that I was breathing through my mouth - my palate was very dry.

I look forward to your input about the next step. Thank you so very much again!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That looks like a rough night. To help the experts, could you massage your chart a little and repost it? Here are the changes:

On the left panel, turn off the pie chart (file, preferences, cpap).

Then stack your charts so all of these show in one shot:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Flow limitations
Snores.

To get them to fit, you can squeeze them down a little by grabbing the grey horizontal lines between the graphs and moving them.

There's no need for now to include other graphs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Dormeo, thank you for your message. I have made the changes that you requested - I hope I did this correctly - and a new chart is attached! Thank you again for your continued assistance.

Post Reply Post Reply
The left panel looks good, and you have the technique for squeezing the graphs mastered too. One more thing, though, and that is to reorder your graphs so the most important ones are the ones that show. To reorder, you left-click on a chart and drag it up or down. Here's the order you want from top down, no need to fit in any other graphs:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Flow limitations
Snores.

It's all kind of fiddly, but once you get it set, you'll be better able to get the expert advice that you need.
Post Reply Post Reply
Min pressure is probably too low.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like chin tucking and pressure rarely fixes that. Try a soft cervical collar. I'm guessing that its been mentioned before.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again - how does this look? This is definitely testing my "techno-tardiness" - but I'm learning!!

Post Reply Post Reply
You mentioned that you could only set EPR to 1, 2, or 3. That's true if EPR is turned on. It can be turned off. In the clinical settings there are 3 menu lines for EPR; EPR, EPR type, and EPR level. If you select EPR rather than EPR level you will see choices of on or off. Select off and EPR will be 0. It does appear that you neeed a higher minimum pressure but I agree with Fred that you should try the cervical collar first.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 0 13 49 minutes ago
Last Post: liebano
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 355 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 703 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.