Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help please..New to forum
Need help please..New to forum

I was diagnosed from home study with 20 AHI. Doctor prescribed Airsense 10 at 8 min and 12 max with dreamwear nose pillow and chinstrap. Chinstraps didn't help with chin drop and air going into mouth. Solved that with internet search and going with full mask and 4" collar.  At my request Doctor changed to 6 min and 10 max for a month but sleep didn't seem as deep so went back to 8min to 12 max. 

Sleep is definitely better and much deeper since starting ACAP and tracking with myair my AHI is normally 2 to 3 . Since I got Oscar I can now see that most of my events are CA and usually they are highest in last hour of sleep which is also when my sleep is worst.  

Any suggestions on settings would be appreciated as my doctor has been worthless.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help please..New to forum
Welcome to Apnea Board.
OK a few things; turn off Ramp and EPR to 0 to reduce pressure swings that induce CA.

Second, look on OSCAR to see if you can reset graph to default or see my signature for the link on chart setup. Your screenshots are somewhat varied in presenting the most needed info to start with. I've pieced it together for the time being.

Third, the sleep study, if you have it or when you get it, post it redacted. We need a full detailed sleep study not just a single page summary. Most important is event counts, to see what apnea you've gotten then and now. We need to ID your CA. If you're in the US, HIPAA says you can legally obtain the report I mention. Back to the CA type, if it's treatment emergent, we need to avoid it for up to 3 months while your body gets used to breathing with PAP. If the sleep study tells us otherwise on the CA, then we will tackle that at that time.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave is right the only thing I would do is to put EPR to off or 0.  Like he said pressure swings are one of the reasons for Centrals so turning off the EPR may not help much sense it is only 1 but it may help a little.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Another consideration is that some of these CA were possibly while you were bouncing between sleep and wake giving SWJ/sleep-wake junk, but you'd have to help by signifying if you think you may have been waking up during the segment with higher CA counts. Again, it's just a possible scenario.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick response Dave.

I don't presently have access to change those setting but I think I read somewhere I could hold home and options button and it would give me access.

I will change Oscar View.

I will try to get Sleep study.

I have been using CPAP for over 3 months.

Jack

Yes, I definitely sleep wake during the last hour or so of sleep.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You may want a free clinician manual above in CPAP Setup Manual; look for your exact PAP and it looks like yours is the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. The whole phrase is needed. And to enter the clinical menu just click/hold Home and Dial on the PAP together for about 5 seconds. Then you're in the menu to change pressures, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Get the manual at the top of the site. But i wii tell you how to get to the menu to make changes. 
1. Turn on the screen by pressing the round button. 
2. Press and hold the round button and the home button (not the start - top button) at the same time for 3 seconds.
Now you are in the correct menu
4. Move up and down but turning the round button and choose the option you want to change then press the roun button. 
5 use therounf button to the change you want to change and lock it in by pressing the round button 

Continue doing this until all changes have been made then press the home button and you should be done.

Here is a you tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBgNdoJ6-bI
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks staceyburke. What would we do without youtube "how to do it" videos.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 188 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,740 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,704 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.