Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help reading Sleepyhead Charts
Need help reading Sleepyhead Charts
Hello Everyone:

I finally downloaded sleepyhead software and imported my data.  It looks like foreign language to me.  Can someone tell me anything from the link?

https://imgur.com/aqIchRL

I really appreciate any imput.

Shar Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help reading Sleepyhead Charts
Here's a link to the beginner's guide to sleepyhead. It should help you out. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
Also it looks like you need to bump the pressure up. I'd start with 1cm increase in both the EPAP and IPAP. Also when you post charts try and arrange them like in the link below.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sharnie, let's try to make some sense of this.  You are using an Airsense 10 Autoset with pressure set to 10-13 cm and EPR at 3 and ramp starting from 4.0 for what looks to be 20 minutes. You are using the For Her auto algorithm.  On this night, your events were 3/hour obstructive, 1/hour hypopnea and .9/hour CA.  A lot of valuable information is cutoff and we can't see all of the flow chart, leaks, snores or flow limitations, and a number of statistics are below the screenshot.  It would help to turn off the pie-chart in File/preferences/appearance/ and shorten up some of the graphs.  The mask pressure is not important to us at this point, so move it down the order in favor of leaks, snores and FL. 

What we see are most events are obstructive, and the pressure is at or near the maximum setting of 13 most of the night. Without more of the chart, we don't know what is pushing the pressure higher most of the night except from just after 01:00 to 02:00.  It appears you need to give yourself more room in the maximum pressure to resolve the obstructive events. I don't see the centrals as being a particular problem at this time.  Mostly I would suggest increasing maximum pressure to 15 and observing whether events are reduced and hopefully comfort maintained. 

[Image: aqIchRL.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sharnie, this download shows that with your current automatic pressure range of 10-13, the machine is usually keeping you above 12 and often close to 13.  With those settings, you had an average of 3 obstructive apneas per hour, 1 central apnea per hour, 1 hypopnea per hour, and 1 respiratory related arousal per hour.

It also shows that you are using the AutoSet for Her mode, which is similar to ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm with the following modifications:
  • Reduced rate of pressure increments designed to help prevent arousals.
  • Slower pressure decays.
  • Treats apneas up to 12 cm H2O and continues to respond to flow limitation and snore up to 20 cm H2O.

A couple questions:

-What did your diagnostic sleep study show? Did you have both obstructive and central apneas on that test?

-Do other days' SleepyHead results look like the one you showed here with a similar mix of events?

What you showed here are not bad results. If other days looked like this, I would probably try changing AutoSet for Her mode to AutoSet mode and raising the Max pressure from 13 to 15.

EDIT: Oops I got ninja'd.
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for the responses. I do not have my results from my sleep study yet except I was told I stopped breathing 24 times in an hour. Other nights look just as bad and one night looks really bad.

Sorry about the screenshot being cut off. I got so excited I finally had the data I rushed to posting. I will work on the software this weekend and post some more.

So if I read it right. I have mixed episodes?

Again thank you.

Sharnie
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2018, 10:37 PM)Sharnie Wrote: So if I read it right. I have mixed episodes?

If we take the machine reading as correct (which is not always the case), then you are having both obstructive apneas and a few central apneas.

Obstructive apneas are pauses in breathing, despite an effort to breathe, because of airway obstruction.

Central apneas (what the machine calls clear airway apneas) are pauses in breathing due to a lack of an effort to breathe rather than due to an obstruction.

Mixed apneas are pauses in breathing where there is initially a lack of effort to breathe and subsequently there is an effort to breathe. We don't have any data to suggest that you are having mixed events.

Sometimes people refer to the presence of both central apneas and obstructive apneas as "complex sleep apnea" or less commonly as "mixed sleep apnea", but that doesn't mean that the events themselves are mixed apneas.
-Amin
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2018, 10:37 PM)Sharnie Wrote: Thank you so much for the responses. I do not have my results from my sleep study yet except I was told I stopped breathing 24 times in an hour. Other nights look just as bad and one night looks really bad.

Based on that, you are well on your way to being well treated Smile.
-Amin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 138 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 993 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 378 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,121 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 260 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.