Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help reading combined sessions AHI
Need help reading combined sessions AHI
Hello - I've only been at this for 2 weeks and things are going pretty well.   I've already read the beginners guide to sleepyhead but couldn't find my answer. 

So, I  get up once at night to go to the bathroom  and turn the machine off and back on.  

The Daily report has the 2 sessions  but I don't understanding which report is showing.    I've attached a shot of the one showing 8 hrs 11 minutes with an AHI of .86.    The bottom of the side bar shows 2 green bars on the sessions,  and the 2nd session is highlighted yellow.   Is this AHI for the whole night or is it just for one session?

The statistics report shows avg hrs 8.33 and AHI .82.   - I assume that's for the whole night?
MyAir says my I had .8 events per hour. 

However,  I didn't show the other shot,  but when I click on the other session it shows an AHI of 1.22 -   so I'm confused.

I want to know what it was for the whole night on the Daily- so do I look at the top to see if it's showing the total number of hrs? 

Those bottom buttons are confusing with green and red bars, etc.

I hope this makes sense -  
Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help reading combined sessions AHI
It's for both sessions.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you WallaWalla!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2018, 12:02 PM)Suzi Wrote: The Daily report has the 2 sessions.....

The Daily report actually shows three sessions, but the first one for 22min is not turned on.  
Click on the red/black box to turn on. The box will then show green/black.

Now the report will total all three session hours and the AHI will include all three sessions.
This should correspond with the numbers on the statistics page.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2018, 03:20 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 12:02 PM)Suzi Wrote: The Daily report has the 2 sessions.....

The Daily report actually shows three sessions, but the first one for 22min is not turned on.  
Click on the red/black box to turn on.  The box will then show green/black.

Now the report will total all three session hours and the AHI will include all three sessions.
This should correspond with the numbers on the statistics page.

Got it!  Thanks OpalRose
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 138 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 993 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 242 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Why are most of my sleep sessions exactly 1 hr? AussieBobJ 1 305 01-03-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 386 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
  Would like some help reading my OSCAR data dynamo 13 670 12-08-2023, 11:38 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.