Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help self bought machine need pressure settings advice/ear pain/snoring
Need help self bought machine need pressure settings advice/ear pain/snoring
So I dont have an official diagnosis. But I have this problem where I do not get any sleep because I keep snoring myself awake. I dont feel short of breath like OSA and the snores arent always loud but I start snoring before im fully asleep and startle myself awake. Its been going on for months. I bought a cpap machine on facebook marketplace and it has cpap bipap and bipap auto. Im not sure what im doing but I perfer bipap cause its hard to exhale on cpap. I started low but it seemed I would still wake myself up with snores occasionally. And the weird part is sometimes a setting would work perfectly the first night then I would snore myself awake the second night. So I keep adjusting it upward. I had IPAP on 12 and EPAP on 7 and I didnt have any snores for 2 nights but it hurt my stomach really bad from swallowing air and it made my GERD worse and gave me headaches. Last night I moved it back down to 11. Now before I tried it on 11 and 6 but still snored sometimes. Last night I had it on 11 and 7 and didnt' snore. But I had bad ear pain. And its still bothering me. So now im scared I hurt something in my ear with the high pressures. When I use it my ears get full and my hearing diminishes and my ears need to pop and will if i take the mask off and swallow but they sit there full and need to pop the whole night my mask is on. That didnt happen at the lower settings until i put it at 12. Now its happening at any setting even the lowest one. I dont know what I did to my ears but now I dont know what pressure to try myself on tonight. I think I might have UARS upper airway resistance syndrome. My ENT apt isnt till the end of the month I want to see him to figure out the cause of my snoring. I meet with a sleep study dr next week but my insurance dosnt cover cpap for UARS. And i doubt id be able to sleep during a sleep study and besides its not going to show apnea just me waking constantly due to snores. Ive tried a mouth device to pull my jaw forward and it seems to work for the first half of the night then stop working towards the morning hours. This has been going on for 2 months before then I would occassionally wake myself up with snores only in the morning hours but for some reason its effecting me now all night every night. IVe lost 10 pounds and it dosnt seem to have helped. Anybody have advice for me...im starting to feel suicidal due to the sleep deprivation and im so tired and sleepy I can barely get though the day anymore. thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,835 11 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 305 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 96 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 986 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,578 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.