Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help setting ResMes S7 Elite for the first time.
Need help setting ResMes S7 Elite for the first time.
Hi,
I bought this ResMes S7 on kijiji because it is too expensive here in Quebec even with insurance...
Anyways the person that had it before had his pressure settings on 10 and I think it might be too high for me. When I went to do the trst at the clinic they told me I do minor sleep apnea, enough that I don't need a machine if I don't want one but he could prescribe me one if I wanted one. Long story short I didn't take it but I gained 30 lbs since then amd now I think I do more sleep apnea than before as I'm always tired even if I sleep 8-9 hours.
I tried the machine I bought with pressure at 10 and everytime I am about tp fall asleep I wake up when the machine pushes the air in my lungs. I tried 3 nights in a row and I cannot fall asleep because I wake up every time the air enters my lungs.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help setting ResMes S7 Elite for the first time.
Wow. An S7. That's an old beast!

First, read this. All of it.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Section Three of that will tell you how to get the Clinician Manual which will, in turn, tell you how to get inside the "special menu" to access the pressure settings.

Then, read this.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...re-on-cpap

It is how to adjust your CPAP pressure based on YOU and your needs. The main thing to remember is to go slow. Real slow. It may be tempting to speed the process up but you aren't doing yourself any good by doing that. You need data (even if that is just "how you feel" data) and one night is not enough. Too much goes into a night's sleep. The second thing to do is to start a sleep journal. Before you go to bed, write down what kind of day you had. Good, bad, stress level, medications, new foods, fun day, work day. Did you make any changes? Log it all down. In the morning, write down how you feel. Dreams, no dreams, rested, zombie, woke up a lot, didn't, whatever. Log it all down. You want this all down so that you can track the changes. So you can look back and see that Friday night binges with the co-workers mean you wake up feeling like crap BUT you feel not-as-crappy since you raised the pressure from 6 to 6.5. See?

Two final suggestions.
- Contact the doc and get a copy of your sleep data or at least what pressure they suggested you start with. That would really, really help.
- Consider upgrading that machine. It is way old and, if I remember correctly, it uses a smart card that requires a special card and reader. If you are going to be doing this on your own, then you need a data-capable autoPAP. Check out the list here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices Then go to our Supplier's List (link at top of every page) and check out Supplier #2. They sell used and open box machines at good prices.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi xblackdemonx,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully at some point, you can get a newer machine. Technology has changed quite a bit since the machine you have now.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you start your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
To get into the clinical menu to set the pressure, hold down the down arrow and right arrow buttons for 3 seconds. The S7 doesn't have very many options and is easy to set up.

I believe the S7 Elite has some limited efficacy data, but downloading it is more trouble than it's worth. You need a null modem cable and ResScan version 4.3 or older. (The current version is 5.1). I have downloaded the data from my S7 Autoset Respond, but it unfortunately is a "brick" with only compliance data.

I was in a hurry to get a machine, and the S7 was what was available on Craigslist at the time. I bought my S8 (cheap) about a month later.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I know the S7 is an old machine but for now it's all I can get. It is very complicated to get a prescription only because I did my apnea test more than 2 years ago. Also because they sell the machines here for a loooot of money here. About 3500$ for a Respironics System One REMstar Plus CPAP and Humidifier. Even with insurance you need to pay at least 400$ out of your pockets. I will try for now to lower the pressure to about 6 and go from there and see what happens.

Thank you everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 52 722 1 hour ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 112 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 111 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 240 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 254 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 140 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 517 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.