Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help titrating new APAP
RE: Need help titrating new APAP i've had for a few weeks
(05-03-2020, 11:37 AM)chris0504 Wrote: So i've been having trouble over the past half year with brain fog, bad fatigue, headaches, blurry vision (unable to focus eyes and light sensistivity), memory problems, bad concentration, taking a long time for muscles to heal after working out, etc... All of this started overnight and hit me like a ton of bricks. I have no idea why this was so sudden.

I tried antidepressants for around this time, but they didn't do much. Didn't help even a little bit over the first 5 months of usage. I am now coming off of my current antidepressants as they aren't helping.

I figured that sleep apnea was a possible cause, as I tended to sleep 9-11 hours a day and have been reported to snore/choke in my sleep. Tried to get a sleep study but everything got cancelled as a result of the coronavirus epidemic.

I got a machine online (the dreamstation apap with a full mask and humidifier), and the day after i used it I felt my headaches and joint stiffness disappear. However, many of my symptoms are still present weeks after I used it and I'm having trouble consistently keeping my AHI below 5, since I have no doctor to help titrate this machine. I felt best on April 18th, when my AHI was as low as 1. I have OSCAR data I have been using to track my progress.

Additionally, I have ordered a mouth mask instead as the full face mask caused a welt on my nose that would not heal as I kept using the machine, even when I shielded my nose with bandaids/cottonballs/etc. It should come in the coming days and help a bit because I am naturally a mouth breather.

I have included OSCAR data with this post in hopes you guys can help me properly titrate this machine. There is a mix of obstructive, hypopnea, and reras that are around the same each night. Please help me properly fix the pressure on this machine so I can heal from the state I'm currently in.

From what I was told by a few different Dr's, issues with the pituitary gland will give you vision problems. I had an MRI and they found a growth around it. One Dr. told me it could cause issues surrounding it... from the growth. I had a contrast and non contrast MRI and I believe the contrast revealed the growth. See your Primary Dr, and perhaps a Neurologist.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help titrating new APAP
forgot to ask...... what did you start with for a minimum pressure? I gradually bumped up pressure .5cm at a time a few days at a time. I started at 4 then made it to 9. My Obstructives cleared up, but my central apnea bumped up as well. So I would watch and see what happens. I am another that can't give advice to do this and do that with you machine other than minimum pressure tweeks and comfort adjustments. Like I was told, a different machine you might need to provide your therapy. Keep track on OSCAR and the staff here will direct you. As far as the progress it's best that you do your due diligence with Dr's and other formalities... you'll know. Stay on top on things, Ins. Co, supplies, environment, equipment, etc... this site helped me tremendously, and frankly this is your best place to beand of course God Almighty !
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 90 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 374 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 577 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 440 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,427 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,152 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 590 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.