Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help to adjust Dreamstation Auto CPAP
RE: Need help to adjust Dreamstation Auto CPAP
I'm learning too, I look at charts to see what is different, in the hope of better understanding mine.
I noticed with your chart that the leak rate follows the pressure rate. I'm wondering if your mask is a bit loose. Did you use the 'mask fit' function that blows a higher pressure, lay down and adjust the mask?

On reading the advice of sleeprider and others, though I've always bounced around the 17-20 maximum. I too kept slowly raising my minimum pressure to knock out most OA and have but a few H left, you may even finish up on 8cm. I finished up on 15cm min and 20cm max and a AHI under 2 often under 1
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Thank You all to the Suggestions.

You may right the leak rate of the Nasal Pillow mask went up with the Pressure and it was also not so Comfortable to me.
So I Changed to the resmed airfit n20 nasal Mask and that look s better.
It is a bit a work to get the Mask properly adjusted and find the sweet spot however i think i will stick to this mask.
it is  a bit biger and more obstructive to the face than the nasal pillow but i get definately better results with.
[Image: 8b16bTMl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Imost,

Your chart looks pretty good but I think you still have room for improvement.  Sleeprider has suggested you slowly raise your minimum pressure to help out with the obstructive events and hypopneas.  My charts and pressure ranges were very similar to yours and that advice worked for me.  I now use a pressure range of 8.5 to 12 and my average AHI is below 1.  While using a range of 6 to 12, I was showing the same results as you.  So you may want to try raising your lower pressure and see if that clears up your hypopneas.  As I said, it worked great for me.  And I feel much better these days.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 229 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 438 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 320 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 634 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  New CPAP user, help with Dreamstation settings IndigoLioness 10 868 12-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 626 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 539 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.