Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help to adjust pressure on REMstar Lite
Need help to adjust pressure on REMstar Lite
I don't think I need a full clinician's manual - just some of it. I'd like help to adjust the pressure on a REMstar Lite Type BF, which I think is a slightly old (pre-2007) CPAP machine. It has two (2) buttons - an On/Off and a Ramp.

My Sleep study said I need a 5 cm/H20 pressure setting, and I want to check that that is what my machine is actually set to.

This machine is not one of those for which a clinician's manual is available to download. Help would be much appreciated. If not available for my exact machine, I might be helped with instructions for a similar machine with two buttons. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help to adjust pressure on REMstar Lite
Hi mayfam and welcome to Apnea Board
not sure if this is your machine or not ... worth a try

Respironics REMstar Lite: plug the cord into the AC outlet and leave the other end unattached to the machine. Then, firmly hold down both the ramp and power button while plugging the cord into the machine at the same time. When you do so, the "unlock" icon appears and the blower starts up. You can then navigate through the menu to change pressures
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mayfam and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck on getting your pressure set.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you most kindly. I think I managed to set it up by following your advice. After completion, the display (no longer unlocked) shows 1 for no altitude correction, and X cm H20 where X is what I need.

Just to be sure, if anyone else has the scoop, please do send, as it will give me some added assurance.

I must say it seems a noisy brute, but I don't have to sleep with the box as a pillow.

Thanks again!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 316 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Qtube vs Q-Lite muffler HighlandRay 0 111 03-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: HighlandRay
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 278 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,433 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 238 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR? theredheadsaid 65 6,963 09-09-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 901 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.