Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help to analyse OSCAR data
Question 
Need help to analyse OSCAR data
Hi, 

I have tried to used the Resmed Airsense 10 machines for 2 days (24 & 25 Apr 2020). This is the first time I use CPAP machine. I was advised to post the daily chart and statistic to get help to analyse the data and provide optimal setting for the machine based on my condition.

The initial setting for the 2 days trial is as below:-

Mode: APAP
Pressure Min: 7.00 cmH2O
Pressure Max: 15.00 cmH2O
Climate Control: Auto
EPR: Full Time
EPR Level: 3 cmH2O
Humidifier Status: On
Humidity Level: 4 
Mask: Nasal
Ramp: Off

Due to upload size limit, I only attached 1 day OSCAR daily chart and statistic in this thread. 

Appreciate any experienced user can help me to analyse and provide advice on the optimal setting for the machine. 

Also, my sleep study result show AHI 26.4/hour, Apnea 4.4 (obstructive), Hypopnea 22.0, Average SPO2 93.5, Lowest SPO2 86.0, but OSCAR data show AHI 5.66 and Hypopnea 0.28? OSCAR result reading is much lower than my sleep study result? Do you have any idea why is such a case?

Thanks

Attached Files
.docx   Oscar Data 24 Apr 2020.docx (Size: 795.77 KB / Downloads: 30)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help to analyse OSCAR data
Please use the "Screenshot" option in OSCAR for your Daily screen image.  For Windows and Linux, use the F12 key to capture the image.  I am uncertain how Mac users perform this because the F12 key is set up for a system command.  The other option is to go to the menus at the top and use View ⇾ Take Screenshot.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, and congratulations on starting treatment for your apnea! You have an excellent machine, and I'm impressed you have already used it all night. You are off to a very good start.

The Oscar readings for obstructive events and hypopneas are much lower because the APAP machine is treating them successfully. The main kind of event you are now having is central apnea (CA). This is a stoppage of breathing for 10 seconds or longer in the absence of any obstruction.

You apparently didn't have any CAs during your sleep study, so the CAs you are having now are probably "treatment-emergent." That just indicates that the neurochemical systems that control your breathing are adjusting to the new flow of air into your airway during the night.

These CAs often just dwindle on their own, so one reasonable approach would be just to be patient and see if they start going away. Another approach might be to try reducing your EPR from 3 to 2. To view the clinician menu where you can do that, press the home button and the knob at the same time and hold them for a few seconds until the clinician menu option appears.

By the way, when you have a chance, could you update your profile with your machine and mask information?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopeseeker, the data looks good, although we prefer to use attachments of .PNG mage files. I agree with Dormeo you can reduce the number of CA events by decreasing EPR from 3 to 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crimson,

I tried to use screenshot option to capture the image of Oscar data but not sure why, when I try to paste in the message of this forum is unsuccessful. I will try again when I upload my next data again.

Thanks for your guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
You insert the PNG image file generated by OSCAR by adding an attachment (bottom left of the Full Edit screen). Do not try to paste the image, it will not work.  For additional help, please read the "How-To" link in my signature, Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Dormeo,

When I used the machine for the 1st 2 nights, like what you said, is not comfortable to fall asleep. What i did is listening to the soft music form my mobile phone, then only I can sleep.

Thanks for your help to analyse the Oscar data. May I know how do you see from the data that I am having central apnea (CA)? I am not sure if it is caused by my initial testing to the machine, by purposely stop breathing for more than 10 sec to see if the pressure flow of the machine increase. So, if the data show that the CA was happening at the beginning time, that could be probably due to my testing. So, in this case, shall I still need to reduce EPR level to 2?

May be I shall stick to EPR level 3 and without doing any funny testing, then upload the latest data for you to see if CA still exist?

And also, I see my data is having Cheyne-Stokes respiration (CSR) of 4.02%. I understand what CSR is from the clinical manual, may I know would it pose a serious issue on my current state? When I look at the data of the other day 25 Apr 2020 (which I did not upload in my earlier email), the CSR is 0%. 

I had updated my machine and mask information. For the mask, I got it from a local seller who source the mask from Vietnam. I think the mask is pretty fit me because the seller told me the mask is designed to suit Asian's nose shape. The mask material is quite good and comfortable as well.

Lastly, should i turn on the ramp function? In fact, I think i start to get used to current setting without ramp function. Also, I am using SmartStart, not sure if you recommend it?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It is fine to keep the ramp off, and if ramp-off doesn't bother you, just leave it that way. SmartStart is fine too, though occasionally it doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

I looked at the Word document you posted to see that you are having a lot of CAs. At the top, see all the event flags in the CA row? That's what I was looking at. They showed up off and on all night.

So I would still recommend reducing EPR to 2 to see what happens -- especially now that Sleeprider is recommending the same thing. He is a deeply knowledgeable expert.

If CSR shows up again, we can take a look at it, but an occasional appearance is nothing to worry about. Also, the chances are that this isn't really Cheyne-Stokes breathing. It is probably just some other kind of periodic breathing, which would probably indicate only that your body is still adapting to the effects of using the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dormeo,

Hope you are well during this critical period. 

I have an issue of importing data to OSCAR. Long story short, due to some restriction on my new laptop (my new laptop do not have SD Card reader), I have to ask my friend to use his laptop to retrieve the data from my SD Card and email the data to me.

Now I want to import the data to OSCAR from the data folder which is downloaded from my email, it seem that it was not able to import the data from the data folder saved in my laptop.

Does OSCAR allow to import data from computer hard disk instead of from SD Card? If so, can you provide advice how to do so? The HELP manual of OSCAR does not provide such info.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Steven Chia
Post Reply Post Reply
Steven, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to the question you've posed; you could try posting it by starting a new thread in the Software Support Forum. But a simpler fix might be to get an SD card reader. They can be had for well under $20 USD and plug into a USB port on your laptop. That's what I did, and it works very well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.