Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help transferring data from S9 to computer?
Need help transferring data from S9 to computer?
I have installed the latest version of Rescan but I cannot work out how to get the info from the data card into the PC. My laptop doesn't have a built in card reader so I got one today that reads a 2G Sandisk. [I will have my S9 on Tuesday - today is Saturday] The computer recognises the card reader and reads the blank disk from within the file manager. When I open Rescan [4.03] I can load the examples and look at them but cannot work out how I will access the data card from within Rescan.

I have copied one of the example files to the data disk but that didn't help. I tried all the options under the file menu such as open and import but nothing.

Do I need to install a card reader driver? Windows recognises it at present.

Selecting download simply says no flow generator or data card present.

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help transferring data from S9 to computer?
If I'm understanding right, the SD card you are using hasn't been in an S9 yet - am I right?

If so, the SD card hasn't been formatted right and does not contain the info and files ResScan is looking for to identify the machine and data. When you get your S9 and put the SD card in it the S9 will format it and set up it up with the proper info (machine model, serial number etc.).

When you select to download data ResScan looks for the particular files that the S9 provides.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks jg that does makes sense. Is that the same for sleepyhead? Does SH look for a Resmed formatted card?

Also does the S9 recognise a non formatted card and format same in a reasonably simple manner?

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
When you import data to Sleepy Head it asks for the location of the data and then you select the SD card. Sleepy head works with machines other than ResMed so it is looking for a wider variety of file types.

Every time you put an SD card in the S9 it will check to make sure it is formatted and read/write the data to synch the card with the machine. If you put a new card in (or an old one that just hasn't been in that S9 before) it will format the card and put the files and info on it as well as all of the stored data in the S9s internal memory.
Post Reply Post Reply
Steve, is your machine now an S9 of some type? If so, your profile says you have a BMC APAP. You can change that in your profile HERE.

Just remember to put what type of S9 you now have (S9 AutoSet, S9 Elite, S9 Escape Auto, S9 Escape, etc).

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Don't the S9's come with a card already installed in them?!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2013, 09:12 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Steve, is your machine now an S9 of some type? If so, your profile says you have a BMC APAP. You can change that in your profile HERE.

Just remember to put what type of S9 you now have (S9 AutoSet, S9 Elite, S9 Escape Auto, S9 Escape, etc).

Coffee

Hi SuperSleeper,

My main machine is the BMC APAP however I got a great price [here in Australia] on an S9 Auto set and humidifier with low hours from a non smoking pet free house. I will probably toss the machines in the air and whichever lands first will be my go to machine. Smile

In the US the BMC is marketed as the 3B.

I don't know very much about the S9 Autoset but I've watched and read all I can on them. There are some good Youtubes and vimeos. When the S9 arrives and I'm certain it is all functional I will add it to my profile. The S9 does have a data card according to the seller so I just need to be patient. Thanks to the replies to this post I'm now aware Rescan will pickup the card when asked. The BMC has its own software which is quite good also.

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
I am truly interested in this post. I have a new-to-me S9 cpap machine. I'm just learning the ropes.

All is good.! Smile
DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the S9 Autoset that I got SHand for two nights now and the data card thing has been very easy. Remove the datacard from the machine in the morning when the machine is powered down and read the card in the PC[laptop]. Thanks to this site I have Rescan and Sleepyhead but much prefer SHead.

I purchased a 2GB SD card - the last one on the shelf and placed it in the S9 and it formatted it ready for use. It seems the original Resmed card is 1GB.

How much detailed data does a card hold? As in period of days using the S9 Autoset?
How often do you need to back up the datacard and is it as simple as create a folder/directory and copy the contents of the card into the folder.
On SHead I noticed you can nominate to read data from a folder or the drive itself so I assume I could create a folder for a designated time period.

SS I'll see about altering my profile soon [ish]

Steve

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2013, 07:03 PM)SleepinginAdelaide Wrote: How much detailed data does a card hold?
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transferring a machine? rpierce 0 269 09-03-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: rpierce
  How to move OSCAR data to another computer Alun 2 974 07-09-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Alun
  [Equipment] Trouble connecting oximeter to computer Smitharbie 9 8,418 06-10-2023, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New user both CPAP/OSCAR and computer Seabee211 6 508 02-03-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Seabee211
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,653 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  P-SERIES DIRECTORY IN MY COMPUTER caribsun 1 567 08-07-2022, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.