Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help understanding O2 drops
Need help understanding O2 drops
Last night, I wasn't feeling well after work, and went to Urgent Care. I take Multaq for AFIB, and I think something I ate with it caused me to not feel well. But the Urgent Care couldn't find anything. I went back home to try and sleep, but kept waking up with my Contec O2 monitor going off. I do not understand why my oxygen drops so rapidly.

1. First screenshot shows that as I went to sleep, I leveled off at 93%. During that time, I had some transitional CA's that didn't affect O2 at all!
2. Then later on had a HR spike to 100bpm for no reason I see except for some shallow then heavy breathing.
3. Then at 6:15am, O2 dropped steadily.
4. Overview for tonight, which wasnt much, since i didnt feel good!

Last pic is of the very end which had yet another O2 drop that alerted me, and then I stopped trying to get sleep. BAD NIGHT FOR ME, since my body kept breathing shallow or not at all it seems sometimes. I would like to send this to my Sleep Doctor, but he cares less about this stuff

I just got this vAuto, and now wondering if maybe I should've got a BIPAP with Backup.
Would I benefit from a BIPAP with BACKUP breathing to force me to breathe?

[Image: 5O8PzkZ.jpg]

[Image: E1AjSFp.png]

-----------------------------------
[Image: uTlz1iS.jpg]

[Image: U6z4lI5.png]

---------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: aTLK9ij.jpg]

[Image: cgSpD0Z.png]

--------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: h7S0gsJ.png][Image: yOHy2HT.png]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help understanding O2 drops
Here is the night before.....
Don't have an O2 report for this night, since it was overwritten. But my O2 monitor never went off, during ANY of these events.

[Image: rEdweIT.png]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not qualified to read the charts, but the O2 looks just fine. You will have variations in O2 even if your AHI is under 1, but yours is still over 1. I think you just need a fine tune and someone here can help you.

If your 02 was dropping below 90 regularly, that would certainly indicate that there is a greater problem. My average in the early part of the night is 95%, but then, like yours, drops to the low 90s the rest of the night. I have a slow heart, so it's a known problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree. I wouldn't worry about a couple of dips during the night. They're not staying long enough to really cause any problems.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The most experienced helpers here routinely ask those reporting Sleepyhead charts to set up, or organize, their charts first.  One of the things they ask is that people eliminate the pie-chart view because it causes some anxiety and it is usually not helpful...or even meaningful.  If you look for posts from the admin and monitors/moderators, most of them have a list of links about organizing and interpreting Sleepyhead in their signature blocks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,549 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 824 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,051 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 812 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 363 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett
  Understanding Sleep Study Centennial2 17 819 12-22-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.