Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help understanding first night's data
RE: Need help understanding first night's data
You can adjust the ramp time, humidity settings, and EPR all you want. These are comfort features.

If I were you I'd make those adjustments based on comfort alone.

One night, or even just a few nights, of data should not be the basis of any adjustments you make.

I would see about possibly using a needle and thread, though, to see if I could cinch up that chin strap a bit.

My advice is to just hang in there and be glad for the progress you've made so far.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help understanding first night's data
(08-10-2013, 06:16 PM)zonk Wrote: Tell your sleep doctor about taking Lorazepam, Lorazepm works by depressing the central nervous system

Got all my medication info to the doc ahead of time, but as we sat in the exam room waiting for him we heard enough conversation in the hallway to know that he hadn't looked at my records before coming in to see me. (In fact, now that I think about it, I took Lorazepam right before each stage of the sleep study, so I'm guessing the Centrals would have been more prominent then ... if a factor at all. Good thought though.) Thinking-about

If the problem persists, I'll definitely be reviewing in detail my meds when we talk next.

(08-10-2013, 06:38 PM)Sleepster Wrote: You can adjust the ramp time, humidity settings, and EPR all you want. These are comfort features.
My advice is to just hang in there and be glad for the progress you've made so far.

Needle and thread ... not a bad idea. So simple, but it makes sense. Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 145 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,573 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 815 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 363 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett
  Understanding Sleep Study Centennial2 17 823 12-22-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [Diagnosis] Help Understanding Sleep Study and Titration Test DGJ1014 9 583 12-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.