Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help understanding my Oscar Data
Need help understanding my Oscar Data
As described in the title:

Did a Lofta test that diagnosed me with rem related obstructive apnea (5.5 pahi | 16.0 prdi)

I have been using my APAP (Resmed 10) for about two months at this point. and right now I am using nasal pillows with mouth tape. Which out of the four masks I have tried have worked the best for me.

But I am still waking up feeling terrible every morning. I have been trying to learn more about reading and interpreting my Oscar data on my own but I have hit a wall where I dont really know what direction to go in. 

My insurance will not cover anything sleep related for me due to a terrible sleep home study giving me a 0.0 AHI. Even though I woke up choking 6-8 times both nights of the test.

Which is why I went with Lofta. But it has left me on my own to figure out my machine. 
For what its worth my entire family has it (mom, dad and three brothers). But mine has been the only one as a mild case.

It seems an hour after I fall asleep I have a cluster of flow limitations for about a half hour. My pressure then increases to about 10.0cmH20 to treat these.
My nightly pressures are 8.8 - 12.8 (self set).

What should my next steps be?

Attached is zoomed out of Oscar and zoomed in on the flow limitations

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help understanding my Oscar Data
it seems like you are getting effective treatment. Are your family all having the same issue?  REM related apnea?
do you have dreams that you can remember? If not, do you awaken when recall that you were dreaming, just not remembering the actual dream?

sometimes treatment must be for a while before you start feeling benefit.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help understanding my Oscar Data
I remember my dreams most of the time. Most of the time when I wake up at night it is in the middle of a dream.

Every now and then on the Apap I'll get a night where I dont remember dreaming about anything though
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 928 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.