Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

lparent9 - Therapy Thread [Diagnosed UARS]
lparent9 - Therapy Thread [Diagnosed UARS]
Hello,

I've been using my APAP since October 2022.

I feel slightly better but could use some help increasing my machine's efficacy.

Sometimes my machine detects unspecified OA and RE.

It has reduced my snoring from what I can understand.

My airways are mostly open, which is good I suppose. 

I mostly have OSA, Hypopnea and some RE.

I've installed OSCAR, but I'm having a lot of trouble understanding my data.

You'll find screenshots from OSCAR, all from the past few months.

Thank you,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help understanding my data (low AHI, high RDI)
Well, Feb 9 chart looks the best. from the other two charts, I would have changed the start pressure min of at least 9.6. given how the EPR=3 of Feb 9 changed the readings, it appears like EPR is going to serve you well. The EPAP (exhale pressure) setting should rise somewhat to treat OA and H. Based on the first 2 charts, the EPAP was roughly 9.4 first graph and still having UA and H and was roughly 10.2 on second graph and having no UA and H events. Last chart, on Feb 9, shows EPAP of 8.2 (median) and it wasn't as good in OA and H.

If these were my charts, I would make sure I am getting 10.2 cm exhale - I would use an EPR of 2 instead of 3, making the start pressure IPAP = 10.2 + 2 = 12.2. Therefore, my settings would be min 12.2 max 16.2, and EPR = 2. My exhale when starting will be 10.2.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed my settings and already feel a lot better. I will try to adjust slowly.

Should I change my max pressure or my min one? This morning, it lowered by one point from 3 events to two. I'm aiming for 1 or less.
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel a lot better since I've changed my settings, I'm not 100% better though.

I still have a consistent amount of central events. My OSA is well managed. I've been using my APAP since October. Shouldn't my CA have been gone by now? Is it possible that I suffer from central events too, and might need a BiPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
Do I need to change my settings or change machine?

Hi,
I'm a woman in her late 20s. I'm relatively healthy. I only have ADHD, Bipolar and and anxiety. No other conditions. I take medications for the disorders.

I've been using a Airsense 10 for Her since last October. I feel better, but not 100% better.

I had a home sleep test that noted mostly OSA, Hypopnea and some snoring, no centrals.

My AHI was 4 and my RDI was 20.

I'm wondering if my consistent amount of CA could be an indicator that I might need a BiPAP? It's been 6 months since I've been using my APAP.

Here are some pictures from my charts, if anyone can help.

I know I will have to talk to my doctor. I'm just asking here to make sure I'm not wasting my time with APAP.

My current settings are :

ERP: 2
Max pressure: 16.2
Min pressure: 14.8
Climate control: Auto
Response: For Her

Post Reply Post Reply
Diagnosed UARS, need help with my settings
Hello,

I am recently diagnosed with UARS with a home sleep study with a AHI of 4 and a RDI of 20. I still feel like sh*t. Headaches, depression, anxiety, mood swings, brain fog, Anhedonia and lack of motivation.

Here's my translated sleep study.

Sleep time : 9h38m  
Self-reported arousals : 4  
% of my night in supine : 74%  
Respiratory event index : 3.2/h  
Respiratory event index in supine : 3.5/h  
Respiratory event index in other positions is 2.4/h  
Respiratory event index including micro arousals: 20.5/h  
Occasional snoring.  
Desaturation index > 3% 2.2/h  
Average desaturation: 96%  
Minimal desaturation: 92%  
No time under 90%.  
No events in pathological quantity noted.

I've been using my APAP since October with a full face mask and a chinstrap. I have a good compliance and an AHI under 1 almost all the time. It decreases more when I use my chinstrap or tape my mouth.

I started PAP therapy on my own because I was extremely exhausted. I got a Airsense 10 for her. I mostly use the soft response. I'm thinking about switching to Bipap because it has a better success rate with UARS.

Here are some charts to get a good idea of my treatment.

During my follow-up today, my doctor recommended I use the default settings (20-4) for 3 months to try to prevent central events and see what the machine does. I sleep alright, APAP helped a lot. It's not 100% better though. I keep waking up at the end of a sleep cycle after REM. I'm easily disturbed by noises. I still wake up foggy and remain that way for a good portion of the day.

The huge leaks at the beginning of the night are me adjusting my mask. I can happen to adjust it in the middle of the night.

What should my settings be?

https://i.imgur.com/c6O9HfS.png
https://i.imgur.com/rM8fSM3.png
https://i.imgur.com/qaIJT22.png
https://i.imgur.com/lgTTuap.png
https://i.imgur.com/ikjVQru.png
https://i.imgur.com/UONavUJ.png
https://i.imgur.com/84jrXUx.png
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: lparent9 - Therapy Thread [Diagnosed UARS]
lparent9,
I have merged your 3 threads as it's easier for anyone offering advice to be able to see your history in one thread.

I also changed the thread title.  

Going forward, it would be great if you use this thread to post your graphs and questions. Also try using the Attachment Feature for posting charts.

Thanks.  Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: lparent9 - Therapy Thread [Diagnosed UARS]
You have more CA events with higher EPR and reducing EPR to a setting of 2 has been effective in reducing that problem. I think you can use a minimum pressure of 11.0, maximum pressure 14.0 with EPR 2 and probably get very good results all around.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 56 5 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 61 990 5 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,322 7 hours ago
Last Post: Little Olive
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,461 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 15 469 Yesterday, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,139 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,364 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.