Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse change events - Oscar
Pulse change events - Oscar
New user here…

I have a Wellue Ring that I’m using to check for desaturations and to track heart rate.

My pulse change events in Oscar show upwards of 600 per night. That seems like an excessive amount.

My average heart rate is around 60, with occasional spikes to up to 100~ that seem to correlate with movement.

My O2 drops 12~ per night and never below 90. Sometimes the desaturations correlate with a heart rate spike. But a lot of the time they don’t.

My main question is about the pulse change events. Is there reason to worry about so many if the change is relatively small? 5~ bpm?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pulse change events - Oscar
Welcome to Anpeaboard.  

Do you mind attaching the SPO2 data (and even an OSCAR chart).  You will get better analysis if we can see them.

As a new member you cannot post either a link or an inline image. You must use this forums attachment feature.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...pnea_Board
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
My SpO2 with the Wellue ring drops for a few seconds, usually no lower than 92. My heartrate rarely drops below 40 when sleeping. 60 is normal when sleeping, and 100 when awake or dreaming, is not unusual. Here's a OSCAR screenshot from last night for context.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for posting that.  Your SPO2 doesn't look too abnormal IMO.   Normal is around a 95 or 96 average for the night.  I drop to 90 or so should be watched.  Drops below 90 show concern.  You only spike once around 90; everything else is above 90 all night long.  Not bad.  

Heart rate looks ok to me also.  Some ups and downs, but not too terribly high or low.   Not bad IMO. 

Your pressure up and down all over the place, that that is the way the ASV works usually with its algorithm.  Not to worry.  

5 AHI with an ASV auto.  My only thought would be to try lowering your pillow height, possibly changing sleeping position (to see if it lowers your AHI), or as a last resort, getting a soft cervical collar.  When clusters of H's occur (Or O's) that usually means a positional element.  Your airway could be getting kinked.   Chin tucking can cause this.  Also severe bending of your airway.  

It would be nice to get your AHI down a bit.  There are a few things to try.  Anyone else see anything here that could help, please post.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it. Here’s my full chart. Seems like all my drops are clustered and correlated with heart rate and movement. 1.8/hr with 3% change for 8 or more seconds as the threshold. Heart rate is really jittery.

Thanks again

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for posting that.  I see something important here.  Your heart rate looks ok except for some spikes upward.  The spikes upward correspond many times to movement spikes also.  Have you ever heard of PLM?  You can research it online.  You may not have PLM's, but most of your heart rate spikes seem to line up with movement spikes (like you said).  Or maybe you are getting into some position that is kinking your airway (or even chin tucking).  Try lowering your pillow height if you can; possibly try side sleeping more than back sleeping; and even try a soft cervical collar if a lot of clusters of events keep occurring on your OSCAR charts.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,326 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 221 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,482 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 122 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 194 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 370 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 214 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.