Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help understanding new machine.
Need help understanding new machine.
I recently purchased a new cpap machine ( Resmed S9 Autoset ) that I am trying to understand the readings from each night's sleep. I have used the machine for about 1 week now. For example, here is my readings from last night that if someone could explain what they mean it will help me to understand what I might need to do to get a better nights sleep.

Avg. Usage: 7.3 hrs.

Pressure: 14.0
My prescribed pressure is 12 and so my autoset is set from 12 - 20. My first few nights sleep I noticed that my pressure was running as high as 17 but now has dropped to its lowest reading of 14.

Leak: 28L/minute
Started out a week ago at 38L/minute and dropped to its lowest reading of 28L/minute last night.

AHI: 0.9
Started out running 3.6 with its lowest reading the night before last of 0.6.

Total AI: 0.1
This is the lowest this reading has been.

Central AI: 0.1
Lowest this reading has been.

I just need to be able to understand these readings. Also do you think I need to get the software that I see people talking about that they run.

Thanks
IBJammin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help understanding new machine.
your numbers are very good, and your machine seems to be working as designed. if you also are feeling refreshed, then maybe there is no need to see the blow by blow that a lot of the software allows.

if you start getting bad results, you might want to see the extra data.

our group of rePAP'ers have a mixture of other medical issues, and have shown that prescription levels do generally change over time.

You may want to get familiar with the current software in the event you sense the need for a better fit in the future.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi IBJammin,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You have a good machine.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions.
Much success to you as you continue and finetune your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Your leak rate is too high. Therapy is not effective at 28 LPM leak rate.
Start using software to track.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='IBJammin' pid='97520' dateline='1421693347']
I recently purchased a new cpap machine ( Resmed S9 Autoset ) that I am trying to understand the readings from each night's sleep.

If you go to the main Apea forum, there is a section about SleepyHead software. If you have not done so, but want more information about what is occurring during your sleep, I recommend you download the software.

Even if you do not, read the 'Important Thread' about sleepytime. There is a section on interpreting data which may help you. As one person advised your readings look good except the leak rate.

You might also 'search' for 'leaking' or 'leak rate' on the forum to see what to do about this
Post Reply Post Reply
It is important to get the leak rate down under 24.0 l/min. If you get and use Sleepyhead it may give you some idea of why the high leak rate. Unless you are having leaks that you can sense, my guess would be that you are mouth breathing/leaking.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I definitely believe your machine will count properly even at 28 L/min. Yes, your leak rate will make the therapy less effective. Your count is accurate and you are getting good therapy.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,578 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 817 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 363 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett
  Understanding Sleep Study Centennial2 17 823 12-22-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [Diagnosis] Help Understanding Sleep Study and Titration Test DGJ1014 9 583 12-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Understanding OSCAR statistics GusHauck 13 691 11-30-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.