Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with AirCurve 10 settings
Need help with AirCurve 10 settings
Hello! I really need some help with my AirCurve 10. Hopefully I can get some advice or someone can direct me to the right place to look.

I had an old ResMed VPAP Auto 25 from years ago when I had insurance. It died a few months ago but now I no longer have insurance. I scraped together some money and bought a ResMed AirCurve 10. 

Unfortunately the settings out of the box aren't working for me. The pressure is too low -- in fact it feels like there's no pressure at all. 

I know how to access the clinical menu but what settings should I choose? I don't want to just start dialing up numbers at random. Can anyone give me some guidance on what numbers I should start with, and what kinds of progression I should use until I get to a good setting?

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place or if this info is already on here somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with AirCurve 10 settings
Polonius7, welcome to the Apnea Board. Default settings are generally not much use and we can help you to get dialed in pretty quickly. The best way is is you install OSCAR on your computer and post a chart. If you can't do that, then we need to know if you are using a VPAP S or Vauto. Once we know what machine you are using, what your current settings are, and what kind of events you are experiencing, we can help you to optimize. Please help us with some more details of your machine, settings and issues you are experiencing. If you need to access machine settings, be sure to get a copy of the CPAP Setup Manual that applies to your machine at the link at the top of this page.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi and welcome to Apnea Board.

Do you have any idea what the settings were from the old machine? That could be the best place to start, if you have them. Either way, get OSCAR, the free reporting data tool. It would be useful for dialing in great pressure setting numbers, and it helps AB members give informed feedback.

Correct, the default settings are going to be too low for most adults. Which model exactly you've gotten depends a bit on what the settings can or should be. It may be you have an AirCurve 10 VAuto now, but there are a few AirCurve models other than that one. I'd say the default low pressure of 4 is what you already tried. You would need at least to bump it to 6, and by the sounds of it it's going be higher. Regardless, let's see what you had in the past and build a good setting group off that. If others better at pressures chime in, by all means go with their recommendations.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for the quick response! 

I installed Oscar on my iMac and imported data from my AirCurve 10. I'm looking at the Overview now. Should I print to a PDF or export a CSV file? Do I just attach it to the reply?
Post Reply Post Reply
The chart can be a New Attachment at the bottom of the reply box. Hit the Choose File button and find where the file is on the computer. Add Attachment and then Insert which creates its link wherever the cursor is on the text box.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, here it is. I think it's just one night of data.

Attached Files
.pdf   AirCurve 10 Report 1.pdf (Size: 117.14 KB / Downloads: 26)
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a screenshot of the daily charts, use the F12 key to do this as it will automatically make many adjustments we like to see.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm on a Mac so my F12 is volume control, lol. I tried using the View>Take Screenshot feature but it crops out a lot of the data. 

If you need to see more of the data I can send a PDF which has all the charts on it.

Here is the PDF.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   AirCurve 10 Report 3.pdf (Size: 1,017.01 KB / Downloads: 13)
Post Reply Post Reply
That's almost what we want to see, add the left sidebar, but without the piechart and calendar.

Ithere are many models in the AirCurve line, yours looks like it is the VAuto. Correct?

6 is well below where your machine is operating and you have a lot of flow limits so
Set min EPAP =8 and
PS=5
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, thanks for the info!!

Yes, it's a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAutom PAP Mode: VPAPauto, PS 4.0 over 6.0-25.0 (cmH2O) -- according to the report. Attached a new screenshot just in case.

Thanks, so much for taking the time to help me. I'll try the settings you recommend.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,343 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.