Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How tight is to tight
How tight is to tight
I know its sounds crazy but how tight is to tight??? With both of my mask i do have to get them pretty snug for them to feel right and yes the straps do imprint on the bottom on cheeks. Idk what else to do.

It dont feel bad but is it normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How tight is to tight
Hi Tommy:

I think I can post this link for you,f not my superiors will let me know.

Mask Guide: http://cpapmaskguide.com/

Good Luck
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to try Padacheek strap covers. They're made out of a fleece material that slips over your headgear straps to form a layer of padding between the straps and your skin which helps to eliminate any imprints.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tommy012175,
There are strap covers on the market to help with imprints caused by your mask straps. I think you just put them around your mask straps and hopefully that should help.
You can find them at most CPAP suppliers, take a look at the suppliers list here on the board and I'm sure you will see them.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried nasal pillows?
I had a horrible time with leaks and the Mirage Quatro almost ate my nose off!
I had heard stories that those of us with higher pressures (my pressure is 16) couldn't effectively use nasal pillows, but I decided to try anyway. Then I put my machine in auto mode and set it for 9-20.
*poof* my AHIs dropped into the 0.5 range. Now, I'm having a personal love affair with my Swift LT nasal pillows. I actually look forward to bed time. My leak line stays mostly below 15 my limit line is almost flat, my snore line IS flat and my events are marginal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New mask but chest still tight and flow limitations Summer 5 739 09-04-2022, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Summer
  Leak rate issue while taping lisp shut tight. Phil7 2 638 09-03-2022, 12:24 AM
Last Post: clownbell
Arrow P10 too tight - What to do? Benzi 13 2,576 07-14-2022, 12:43 PM
Last Post: jrh0
  Tightness of cervical collar and effectiveness? How tight should it be? CorruptAlligator 1 732 06-26-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Can a mask be TOO tight? Chalkie 10 1,641 12-24-2021, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Dave W
  Soft collar: How tight? drmaestro 9 1,537 06-17-2020, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Aludj
  Dental appliance new user here ... is it always so tight? Zandor435 6 1,327 01-10-2020, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.