Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with FFM Choice
Need help with FFM Choice
I finally mastered the Quattro Air FFM however have been thinking of trying another mask now that I'm due on my insurance. I have only been on cpap for 8 months and being a side sleeper and mouth breather would like any recomendations! Should I try the Airfit 10 ? I do like to drink water at night and like the idea of not having to take off the mask the Quattro has that ability to remove the front piece and using a straw works great!
Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with FFM Choice
From that perspective the F10 does the same thing. Hose un-clips and you could still stick a straw through it.

However, with the F10 I don't wake up at all during the night, so no need for water...Oh-jeezBig Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
The F&P Simplus is a nice mask and works pretty well for me but I am not sure that the swivel snaps out of the frame. A fair number of other people like it as well. The Airfit F10 is another FFM that a fair number of people like and it does have a swivel that reportedly snaps out of the frame. I use the Resmed Mirage Quattro and it works the best for me so far. It also has the swivel that snaps out. A fair number of people like the Mirage Quattro but a fair number of people hate it.

Good Luck,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The simplus is a great mask, love it
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much! I will look at them all! So helpful!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I suppose you could stick a straw up the hose swivel of the Simplus. It doesn't come off. But of the FFMs I tried, the Simplus is the easiest for me to reseat on my face if I have to take it off for something during the night.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I give another vote for the F&P Simplus. I recently tried two other masks but the Simplus was still the best.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another for simplus...

I have no idea how, but it's the only mask where I literally don't feel the pressure. No weird pressure differentials between nose and mouth. So quite I often have to feel the exhaust just to make sure the machine is on.

The fit is not perfect for me...get some minor leakage...which I gladly accept for the comfort of the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this the start of a Simplus "cult"?? Oh-jeez Thumbs-up-2 Nervous Nervous Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2015, 08:51 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Is this the start of a Simplus "cult"??

Well, I don't think I'm a member of any cult. I do have a Simplus FFM but I'm hoping for something better. I am having some problems with leakage but I'm keeping with it. The machine (A10 autoset) is happy with my leakage rate but I still find it annoying. I will try other masks when I get to the point when a new mask will be paid for by my insurance. Until then I can tolerate it. It takes me about 15 minutes each night to get it to where it is OK, and I can't really stand it when the pressure goes over about 9.

When I ran the machine fully open the pressure would go up to around 14 or 15 and that would wake me up. Fortunately I'm not full out OA, mostly CA and Hyp's. I find that running the machine between 7 and 8 doesn't raise the AHI much if at all. I am on supplemental O2 and I think that actually does me more good than the APAP, but the APAP machine gives me data that I want to see so I will keep using it if only for that alone.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini mask choice Jennj99738 5 727 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Smoothmakir
  Current CPAP machine choice mzipp 2 709 12-29-2022, 10:16 PM
Last Post: mzipp
  Need instructions for pressure adjustment REMSTAR CHOICE M367500E John Dale 1 685 03-25-2022, 02:21 AM
Last Post: John Dale
  Hypoventilation vs. CPAP choice SleeplessInVirginia 8 966 08-22-2021, 07:46 PM
Last Post: SleeplessInVirginia
  Newly diagnosed and given choice of 4 treatments Artygal 8 1,113 03-25-2021, 01:01 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  CPAP choice Ghandi 22 2,803 07-16-2020, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Ghandi
  Your thoughts on DME choice? eajeff 13 1,981 03-11-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: dmeRT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.