Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with FFM Choice
(07-24-2015, 08:51 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Is this the start of a Simplus "cult"?? Oh-jeez Thumbs-up-2 Nervous Nervous Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Not so fast.

The f&p simplus and the Resmed Quattro air share the same geometry. An air inflated cushion with 2 bottom anchors and a single piece top anchor on the forehead. I don't think you would find any appreciable difference between these two.

The F10 on the other hand has dual top anchors and they are on the cheekbones. So it's a different geometry and I believe it's more forgiving to people who are side sleepers due to its dual anchors. And in my opinion, I could wear it much looser than the Quattro air. Also, 4 anchors give it a bit more stability. One night while I was using the F10, one of its bottom anchors was dislodged but it still didn't go into large leak territory.

I recommend that you try the F10 if you really want to try another FFM.

Another thing: if you are running an open range of 4-20, you may want to tighten the range a bit. And if your 95% pressure is less than 15cm then, you may ultimately want to gravitate towards the nasal pillows mask - the Resmed P10. Now that is a cult. And......Resistance is futile! Smile
Started APAP 4-20, Closed range to 7.5-14, then straight 8.0 w/ Aflex 3
RDI always below 1. But sleep much much better at straight pressure.
Started on F10, Tried Quattro Air successfully. Finally settled on P10.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice Would be So Appreciated [w/ travel CPAP choice] tish 8 465 10-26-2017, 08:22 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] New CPAPer seeking advice on machine choice TimHodge 6 243 10-05-2017, 08:04 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Mask choice in the DreamStation - help needed mraroid 9 474 09-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Apria only choice for Humana PPO? Dawei 3 180 07-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Amara View maybe the wrong choice for me. DannyG 10 795 07-27-2017, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Melman
  Software choice two different machines stotonwi 5 241 07-26-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: stotonwi
  RemStar Choice Advantage info needed Popala 9 538 06-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last