Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with OSCAR, 3 years no relief
Need help with OSCAR, 3 years no relief
I've been on my CPAP for about 3 years now. It took a while to kick in but it honestly probably saved my life. I was falling asleep at work and while driving and finally I was able to get through the day just tired not absolutely exhausted. Now that it's been a while since those horrible days, I'm starting to feel down again. I'm still pretty tired every day, I never feel refreshed, have trouble waking up, and quite recently I've been fighting to stay awake with longer drives (which I have to do 2 times a week). I desperately want my energy back because it's holding me back. I want to take on more challenges at work, exercise more, just have energy for myself and my husband but it's just not there. I have random days where I can do a lot but it's not nearly as much as where I want it to be. I miss my energy from 5 years ago where I was so motivated and able to do so much. I know age is a factor but I'm still in my twenties.

It's really taking a toll on my mental health and I'm worried this is just my life now. I hope you all might have some insight or advice on what might be going on. 

I have my OSCAR data below but I need help interpreting it. 

Thanks in advance!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with OSCAR, 3 years no relief
Post your Oscar charts again, nothing showed up
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I fixed it I think! Sorry
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t see much to change. With your machine (dreamstation) about all you can do is raise the min up one and see if that could cut some of the H events. 

I hate to say this but a ResMed S 10 airsense autoset may be the best answer to better therapy. I owned a dreamstation for 6 years and never got decent results.  I paid out of pocket for a used machine from Supplier #2 on the suppliers list at the top of the site. And it made a big difference in how I feel.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks will look into that machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 125 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 1 116 04-11-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How many years does a mask last? nnddcc 6 301 04-09-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Incorrectly on ASV for several years rickresmed 2 126 04-04-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 178 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 231 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,113 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.