Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with OSCAR, 3 years no relief
Need help with OSCAR, 3 years no relief
I've been on my CPAP for about 3 years now. It took a while to kick in but it honestly probably saved my life. I was falling asleep at work and while driving and finally I was able to get through the day just tired not absolutely exhausted. Now that it's been a while since those horrible days, I'm starting to feel down again. I'm still pretty tired every day, I never feel refreshed, have trouble waking up, and quite recently I've been fighting to stay awake with longer drives (which I have to do 2 times a week). I desperately want my energy back because it's holding me back. I want to take on more challenges at work, exercise more, just have energy for myself and my husband but it's just not there. I have random days where I can do a lot but it's not nearly as much as where I want it to be. I miss my energy from 5 years ago where I was so motivated and able to do so much. I know age is a factor but I'm still in my twenties.

It's really taking a toll on my mental health and I'm worried this is just my life now. I hope you all might have some insight or advice on what might be going on. 

I have my OSCAR data below but I need help interpreting it. 

Thanks in advance!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with OSCAR, 3 years no relief
Post your Oscar charts again, nothing showed up
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I fixed it I think! Sorry
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t see much to change. With your machine (dreamstation) about all you can do is raise the min up one and see if that could cut some of the H events. 

I hate to say this but a ResMed S 10 airsense autoset may be the best answer to better therapy. I owned a dreamstation for 6 years and never got decent results.  I paid out of pocket for a used machine from Supplier #2 on the suppliers list at the top of the site. And it made a big difference in how I feel.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks will look into that machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 158 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 119 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 177 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,016 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 679 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 542 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Confused After A Few Years Sleeper396 2 291 02-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.