Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with OSCAR--several problems and can't use it
Need help with OSCAR--several problems and can't use it
I'm not on the high end of computer smart need help. Typing difficult--have a badly broken wrist and use one hand. Got a message yesterday about updating my old file on previous machine--PR 560--which I replaced with Resmed Airsense 10 4 her in 2020.  The file ran for over an hour  and was saved in the cloud. Now when I try and open OSCAR I get the old profile page listing the PR 560 and a pop-up saying needs to update it's data base for the 560.  I would like to delete all the info for the 560 as I have a hard copy log of the stats I need.  I have in my Documents a file folder for "OSCAR Data" and "OSCAR Data2."  Can I just delete the old PR file--I don't need to save it.  Need to know the easiest way to deal with this as my mind is a little clouded with frustration and pain medication!  TIA!   Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with OSCAR--several problems and can't use it
Since you are switching to, or have switched, from a Philips to a Resmed, it is best to create a new profile.  There are reporting parameter and scale differences between the two manufacturers. You can then delete your old profile, if you desire.  

To delete your old profile:
  1. Go to the Profile screen.
  2. Select the profile you wish to delete.
  3. At the bottom right is a button labeled, "Destroy Profile, select it.
  4. You will be presented with a confirmation box that needs you to type "DELETE", then press the button on the lower right labeled, "Delete Profile".  You can select the Caps Lock key on the middle left of your keyboard.  This will make it easier to type the word, "DELETE" in the box with one hand.  
Just remember to press it again to return to normal lowercase.  Otherwise, any posts will make it look like you are shouting.  Big Grin

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for responding. Since wrote the first message I got tired of waiting and deleted what I thought was all OSCAR info. I had already tried what you advised in your points above 1 through 3. No response and I got mad and started deleting. Now if I go back here to the forum and use the link at the top of the page to try and load OSCAR 1.4 I get my original message about updating the PR560 information. I did the destroy the file on the PR560, I thought, when I replaced it with the current Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her in September 2020. I don't want that info--I keep a hard copy log of the daily stats from OSCAR. Where is that PR info hiding? The cloud seems to be involved but I'm pretty clueless on how that works. I just want to load 1.4 and reload the SD card info on my husbands and my profiles. Excuse my ranting--i blame it on age--pushing 82!
Post Reply Post Reply
You may wish to go to the Help menu in OSCAR first and select the About OSCAR option. On the new popup screen, on the right, you will see an option to view the location and name of your data folder. Exit OSCAR. If you want to start fresh, go to your Documents folder and either rename or delete the OSCAR_Data folder, or the location listed by OSCAR. Now start OSCAR, it will act like the very first time you used it.

- Red.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I deleted two OSCAR data files from my computer.  Just discovered they are still in my cloud (One Drive) and a message asking if I want to delete them also.  I currently can't get into OSCAR--my correct profile page loads, but links are grayed out and the previously described PR popup demands attention.  Is it possible one of the data folders I deleted is the PR folder?  Should I now delete them from the cloud?  If that works I could then  download 1.4 and start over.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you can't see where OSCAR is defaulting to for its data, you can try 2 different approaches.  Pick the one that is most comfortable for you.

Approach #1: - Command line redirection
1. Open a command prompt - Press the Win+R key set.  (The Windows key looks like a racing flag)
2. Type: cmd.exe and press <ENTER>.
3. Navigate to the OSCAR program directory.
 (C:\Program Files\OSCAR)
4. Now enter, C:\Program Files\OSCAR\OSCAR.exe --datadir C:\users\your-user-name\Documents\OSCAR_Data
(The above command will tell OSCAR to use your Documents folder for its data location.)
5. OSCAR will start from this command.

Approach #2:  - Registry modification
1. Open a command prompt - Press the Win+R key set.  (The Windows key (still) looks like a racing flag)
2. Type: regedit and press <ENTER>.
3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OSCAR_Team\OSCAR-Data\Settings\AppData="Address of your data directory"
4. Change the AppData entry to something like, C:\users\your-user-name\Documents\OSCAR_Data
5. Press the OK button and now exit out of the registry editor.
6. Try running OSCAR now.

Don't worry about typing upper and lower case characters. A Windows OS is case-insensitive. I did it above out of habit.

Good luck!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Red. Will work on this after dinner. Busy day today with a trip to town for hand therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally found time and followed both of your directions. On #1 after step 2 got c\Users\orego\ and nothing else. On #2, step 2, it brought up Registry Editor and clicking on that brought up a permission box to run something. I didn't do that. I would just like to delete everything off my laptop and start over. Files still remain in the cloud--have a popup there asking if i want to delete the files left there when I deleted them previously out of my document file. Can I just delete them and see if that works? I have missed a week of OSCAR and am missing it! I had been watching my respiration rate while on pain medication for my broken wrist.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your reasoning of deleting OSCAR and reinstalling it?   Its registry parameter will still have the current path in it.

Try this, you highlight and copy the line below and paste it in a command prompt window.

Just in case you don't know how to do this, place mouse pointer at the beginning of the line below. While holding down the left mouse key, drag the pointer across the complete line of text to highlight it.   Right-click and select, "Copy".   Now place your pointer in the command prompt window and right-click.  Select, "Paste".  Now, press the ENTER key.

C:\Program Files\OSCAR\OSCAR.exe --datadir C:\users\orego\Documents\OSCAR_Data

The line above was modified with the username listed in your post above.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much.  Solution still didn't solve problem.  Sent PM.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 50 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 564 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  OSCAR Problems on Mac Sonoma 14.0 kenhh 6 1,060 11-05-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: WW4B
  OSCAR HELP- New Problems ApneaticBill 4 548 11-25-2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  RamboAB - Wellue Import Problems RamboAB 29 1,863 06-12-2022, 12:19 PM
Last Post: RamboAB
  Problems installing Encore Pro Chalkie 20 2,857 02-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jpearson0525
  Problems with Easy Compliance Software rhoyt 6 1,828 01-06-2022, 09:07 AM
Last Post: mdfmenar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.