Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with Philips DreamStation firmware update
Need help with Philips DreamStation firmware update
Good Morning all. Need a bit of advice and help on my machine that I have had for a while and have not used till last night.

I have a Philips Respironics Dreamstation DSX500H11C.

I had got this back in 2016 and used it for about half a year then got off it and kept it but have not used it till yesterday. I plugged it in and used it but seems that the pressure is greater now then it was in the past. I was thinking on upgrading the software on it as it shows its version V1.0.6
The Model is Auto CPAP
In the provider menu says something like VIC90 is a 785.long number

So my question is can I update my system? Do I need my old provider for this thing to work correctly? Do I need the modem in this thing for it to work? Basically what can and cant I do to this system so that I may use it to sleep with?

Please any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member who needs help on a Philips Dreamstation
You can update your firmware here at this link.  Please read and follow the directions carefully.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-OWN-RISK

As far as the Modem....are you connected to your doctor or DME.  Will they be monitoring your usage to meet compliance?  If not, you can just remove it.

Be sure your machine has a SD card in it.  You can download the free OSCAR software to monitor your data.

Also, order the Clinicians Manual for your DreamStation.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much OpalRose, I appreciate the fast response. I am not connected to a doctor or DME anymore. Its been 2016 since I have had this machine. I used it for 6 months then stopped and its been in my closet since then. My machine does have a SD card in so I will follow your instructions below Smile

I currently use the DreamMapper app on my phone to see the stats on my daily sleep. If you think I should use the OSCAR over this let me know.

Thanks again and ill post how I make out with the update.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I click on the link for the 1.1.17 download and it does not come up only a bunch of jibberish letters on screen. No where to download anything. Have any advice on how to download the file? Smile Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2019, 09:27 AM)brianjersey Wrote: So I click on the link for the 1.1.17 download and it does not come up only a bunch of jibberish letters on screen. No where to download anything. Have any advice on how to download the file? Smile Thank you.

There is no update 1.1.17.  You could mean 1.1.7 or 1.1.8.  Firmware update 1.1.8 is the newest firmware and the link provided by OpalRose includes a PDF instruction file and the update file OCF130.EBU  Read the instructions on the pdf file.  The update file must be copied to the SD card. It is a hexidecimal format file and you will not be able to read the file, however when inserted into the Dreamstation, the machine will detect the .ebu file and prompt you "Would you like to update software".  Answer "yes" and the firmware will update.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with Philips DreamStation firmware update
I don’t own a DreamStation and have only skimmed the directions.

You have V1.0.6 and you are attempting to upgrade to V1.1.7? I don’t know if that can be done, but as I said, and I state here again: READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS and WARNINGS.

There are also links to a couple other threads where some members have had problems after updating, which you should read first.

All I can say if I owned a DreamStation, I wouldn’t bother with the upgrades, but totally up to you.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a dreamstation and I had my firmware updated to 1.1.8 by my DME just to ensure that if anything went wrong it would be their responsibility.

That said, you can update the firmware yourself as others have chimed in. Just be aware that their is a risk in bricking your machine when anything goes wrong with the update which some have unfortunately experienced when updating their machine themselves.
hearsay73
Hosehead padawan 
Repaying my sleep debt, 1 night at a time...
Post Reply Post Reply
I own a DreamStation and I'm not willing to take the risk of something going wrong during a firmware update.

But hey, it's there for those who live life on the edge.   Eat-popcorn

5 years from now... who knows, I'll get a newer machine, and then maybe I'll try to upgrade the firmware in my old DreamStation.   oldman
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 262 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 171 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 275 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
  Oscar Update? Fixit50 7 541 01-12-2024, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Fixit50
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 649 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
  How do I update my weight in Oscar alexwatt 2 432 10-20-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: alexwatt
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,239 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.