Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Masks causing breakouts
Masks causing breakouts
Hi all, am new here so please be gentle. Got my cpap issued last week and have both a nasal pillow mask and full face mask.

After a night of using the nasal mask I had white heads and inflammation around my nostrils prompting me to stop using it for a few days.

Switched over to the full face mask and broke out the next morning in areas where the mask covered my face.

Is this normal? How can I prevent this from happening? I tried making sure the straps weren't too tight while also making sure the masks wouldn't leak air.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Masks causing breakouts
Welcome. What you're experiencing is not normal. It sounds like a reaction to the silicone. Mask liners may help. I've never used them but I'm sure someone will have some suggestions.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
there are mask liners you can get that might help. One brand is Remzzz, and if you go to their site they'll send you a free pack of liners to try. I just got mine and have been trying them this week, unfortunately for me I don't think they're going to work out, but I'm not having that sort of extreme reaction to the mask either, if I was I'd try harder to get used to them!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tip on the mask liners. I'll give those a shot and see where it takes me. Appreciate the info on the free samples  as well Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like sensitivity towards silicone. There are versions of masks with memory foam instead of silicone. There are also textile masks from Circadiance called SleepWeaver.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 262 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 423 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 409 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 137 34,765 01-17-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 495 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.