Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with SH charts.
RE: Need help with Sleepyhead charts.
Agree it was flagged as CSR but it was not.  That event is clearly obstructive.  CSR is more regular on both growing and shrinking and there is a CA event between them.

I was wrong on my estimation of time but as a 1 off I would not be concerned.  15 minutes of continuous CSR is the threshold to call it an issue.  Keep an eye out for them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla,

Thanks for advice, finely my cervical collar arrived yesterday and with some adjustments it seems to be working fine. 

Mila
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Fred

I am posting last night chart (I have been experimenting a bit with pressure) and I wondered if I can improve anything. Since I started CPAP I slept rather poorly waking up many times, but it is lately much better. Last night was first night I slept longer - usually I couldn't sleep more then 5-6 hrs.

They started me on 5-10 pressure and EPR only on ramp. Ahi was below 5 from first day of treatment, but my sleep was fragmented and I had difficultly to exhale. Here on apneaboard I learned about EPR and put it to 3 as I have COPD.

During my trial period I was using only N20 mask and after I bought all equipment including mask I was told that I am mouth breather and need FF mask. I learned here about taping mouth and bought surgical paper tape. Tape helped a lot, but I was pressured to buy FF mask I bought ResMed F30  first night was horrible my AHI went substantially up and I hardly slept. Phoned my polysomnog. Tech and she raised pressure to 7-15, but results were about same, so I went back to my N20 mask and phoned here. She didn't offer any solution so I said that want to return mask (I had it only 2 weeks and they have 4 weeks returns policy.)  She was not happy and said that they are loosing money. I told her that I cannot afford to have 290 dollars mask sitting in my drawer so she finely  agreed to exchange F30 for N30I, but warned me that there be no more exchanges and that I am welcome to go somewhere else in future. I asked about pressure she said she will keep it at 7-14. 

I really like this mask, it's very comfortable, but I find it very difficult to exhale to the point, they I am panicking. Any advice??

At present my files are being transferred to different sleep clinic.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep study duration 6 hrs: OA 104
                                                        Ca 1
                                                        H 106

Oxygen desat. Index 39.3
Lowest saturation 69

Fl. Limit with sn   1119
Fl. Limit no sn.  267

AHI 33.3
RI 36.4

Thanks      Mila
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Fred,

I have seen some threads about increases in AHI (here on apneaboard yesterday) when using ResMed F30. I am posting chart from my first night with mask. First part of night is with F30 second part with nasal mask N20.

Next night was identical. Then they increased pressure from 10 - 5 to 7-14, but not much improvement was achieved. ??? Don't understand it.  Maybe mouth breathing was detrimental to CPAP treatment?

Mila

Post Reply Post Reply
With the F30 you have what is likely a strong positional element, likely because the mask does not fit you well or it is too tight and as such is causing significant restrictions. With what you are showing for the F30 we normally suggest you try a loose fitting soft cervical collar to prevent a chin tuck that is a very common cause.  Also there is no reason I can see for you not to be using the Nasal mask.

Both show a need to increase pressure.

your 2/15 detail shows, on the left side normal inspiratory flow and expiratory mouth breathing.   Note: your inhalation is normal and good so this is NOT hurting your therapy.  Taping works to correct this.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Fred,

I am now using cervical collar, and I agree with using nasal mask and tape, however I was not comfortable with using tape for psychological reason, but I will use it - I will do my best to make treatment to work. I also bought  FF mask as N20 makes bridge of my nose sore. As far for F30 I noticed that  when I used it that maybe snoring was culprit. I am posting chart with N30 - I noticed today that AHI raises only when I snore, part of night when I don't snore is good.??

Having good AHI I feel embarrassed to be asking all these questions, but I am very queries about my chart as for example resp. rate, tidal volume and all graphs - are they within normal limits? Is there any room for improvement?

I have been relatively healthy and active my whole life except hypertension and now I have so many health issues, but I am attacking them 1 by 1 - it's not easy to be old.
Mila

Post Reply Post Reply
The Important charts are
Events
Flow Rate
Flow Limits (not on Respironics)
Snores
Pressure (not Mask Pressure)
Leak Rate

A future release of OSCAR, a fork of Sleepyhead, will have an "Advanced" tab for the rest of the graphs. They come into play if you have COPD and other complicating factors.

Have you tried the F30 with a cervical collar yet?
Post Reply Post Reply
Exhaling from my mouth - impossible my mouth was double taped shut. I always use tape exept for 4 nights when I tried full face mask. 

You think I should increase pressure? I was originaly started at 5-10 and when I had problem witth F30 they changed it to 7-14 now that I returned F30 and use nasal mask again I lowered  pressure to 6-11 because some CA started showing up. What do you suggest? Thanks.

Mila
Post Reply Post Reply
compare your posted detail chart for the 15th to this.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...148d1f.jpg
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 110 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 379 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,121 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 261 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 682 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 386 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.