Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with Sleepyhead
Need help with Sleepyhead
As some of you will recall, I started using my new Resmed Airsense 10 this past Saturday night. I installed the Sleepyhead program, and some of you helped me to interpret the results the next day. I put the SD card back in the machine. Today, I thought I would check on how things are working, and put the card back in my computer, running the Sleepyhead program. To my surprise, it only had the results from Saturday night; nothing since. What am I doing wrong? Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with Sleepyhead
Did you lock the SD card when using it in your computer, and then forget to unlock it when returning it to the device?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
how do you know if the sd card is locked or not. I take my card out every morning load to sleepy head, then put it back in the machine, should i be doing more.?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a little slider-tab on the side of the SD card. Or at least there is on mine (it is the ResMed SD card that came with the machine). There are pictures of a padlock next to the slider-tab that show it locked and unlocked.

When the slider-tab is in the locked position, it cannot be written to (it is "write protected").
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2017, 01:58 PM)heyslick Wrote: how do you know if the sd card is locked or not. I take my card out every morning load to sleepy head, then put it back in the machine, should i be doing more.?

Sorry, I realized that I didn't fully answer your question. I am a little sleep-deprived and not completely coherent.

The SleepyHead instructions I first learned from, mention that it is wise to lock the SD card before inserting it into the computer so that you do not accidentally make changes to the card.

But then you must remember to unlock the card when putting it back into your machine, or else your machine will not be able to write to it either.

With my machine, ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, I believe the machine itself will show a warning if the SD card is locked. Don't quote me on that though. Can hardly tell if I'm coming or going today. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know what locking it means. Please explain.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2017, 03:06 PM)jeffrey s Wrote: I don't know what locking it means. Please explain.

There's a little slide-switch on the side of the SD card.  If you push it one way the card is locked and can't be written to.  If you push it the other way, the machine can write data to the card.  

[Image: 15073327_0.jpg]

Also make sure the SD card is firmly pressed into your CPAP machine.  It should go in until it clicks and locks in place.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you , i will look into that. I know what you mean, some days my mind seems clear, and some days i am a mess.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2017, 03:06 PM)jeffrey s Wrote: I don't know what locking it means. Please explain.

Yes, it is just as VladimirTrotzskyi has said.

If you have a ResMed SD card, it will look slightly different. The slider-switch will actually line up with little pictures of a pad-lock in either the Open position, or the Closed position (see post #5).
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.