Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with fine tuning pressure!
RE: Need help with fine tuning pressure!
Drop your minimum pressure to 9cm and more importantly turn off the EPR.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am similar to Walla but prefer pressure at 9.0 and EPR at 2. You improved flow limits and hypopnea with EPR and did not significantly increase CA. I don't want to give up that progress, and prefer to move slower to reduce it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's an update to my thread from 4 and a half years ago. I gave up on using my CPAP about 2 months after the last post because I never felt any better. Fast forward to summer 2022, I decided to pursue how to fix my now worse daily fatigue and brain fog symptoms. I got a MAD and tried using it from November 2022 to March 2023. It never made me feel any better even with it adjusted quite a bit forward. That's when I started back on my CPAP again (beginning of April 2023). I'm feeling ever so slightly better with a constant pressure of 15 EPR 3 but I'm seeing lots of arousals and feel like my fatigue and brain fog could be better. I'm still dealing with mostly CA's which seem to coincide with arousals for the most part. I use a p10 and mouth tape. I'd love to see if anyone has any suggestions for me. Here is last night's data which is a fairly typical night (except for ending at 5am, my daughter woke me up, I usually wake up at 6am).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
@LWilder,

Hey, welcome back! Your numbers look good to me. Those with greater analysis skills than mine will come along shortly. (as you know)

My question to you, considering you are still fatigued and fogged, is, did your sleep study show any periodic limb movements? There should be a PLM Index a little further in the sleep study results, it should also give the number of movement related arousals. The reason I ask is quite frequently the Sleep folks disregard any PLM data and generally don't even mention it to study participants.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have looked over the two home sleep studies I did in 2022 and did not see a PLM index on either. Could it be recorded using a different acronym? I do move quite a bit when I sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
@LWilder,

Unfortunately home sleep studies don't normally have the attachments for the legs to determine PLM and there is no way to easily tell severity without an in clinic study. The way I monitor my PLM at home is using the Sleepon Go2Sleep SE sleep monitor. I put it on a toe on my most active leg, it lets me know how well the meds are working... or not. 

One indicator is RLS, many people with RLS also have PLMD, do some research on Restless Legs Syndrome and see if any of the descriptions fit, if you have RLS it might be worth it for you to get the Go2Sleep SE to see if you have a lot of sleep time leg movement. The thing also monitors heart rate, spo2 and sleep stages so its not a total loss if you turn up negative for PLM. 

The first attached image is output form the software they provide. It shows all the leg movements prior to me beginning meds to manage it. All the green dots are movement. The second show the efficacy of the meds. Reduced but not eliminated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
After researching PLM & RLS and talking with my spouse, I don't think I have either one of these. My spouse says I move in my sleep but it's typically moving from one side to another side vs moving just my foot/legs/arms. Is there a way to reduce these turning from one side to another side movements?
Post Reply Post Reply
I say, hug your spouse. You may not sleep well, but you won't roll around. Personally, I kind of like this technique and it beats wearing backpacks or stuffing pillows under my back.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 6 184 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: timthebaker
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 578 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Help with CPAP tuning for a noob arjaydev 1 235 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 261 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 424 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  [Pressure] A few weeks in, how can I fine tune my settings? Keicereal 5 371 12-18-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Keicereal
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.