Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with mask
Need help with mask
Still trying to find a nasal mask for times if i get sick. I have the dreamwear cushion, and pillow, really like this set up the best, but the cushion i don't seem to get a low AHI number. I bought the Brevida ,love that one, super quiet. I am still trying to find a back up nasal mask. I have tried the wisp , which will not work it blows air into my eyes,and the pressure of the wide head gear gives me a massive headache. I have tried the FX nano same problem it blows into my eyes,. The question i have would the would the N10 or N20 blow that hard into the eyes? I would rather not have to wear a sleep mask. I do have a better AHI number with te nasal mask.
Thank you for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with mask
I found that the N10 leaked more around my nose and into my eyes than the Wisp. The N10 has a single seal around the sides, while the Wisp has a double seal around the sides. The N20 now has the double seal around the sides, and it may fit your face better than the Wisp, although I found the Wisp fits me better than the N20. Every face is different, so it's a matter of trial and error. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
heyslick,

Sounds like you have a nasal mask you like and you are worried about what happens if you get a stuffy nose.  

I used to wonder about this myself. What happens if I can't breathe through my nose.  Then one day I got sick and found I was breathing easier with the CPAP pressure than without.  So in my case I was more comfortable on the CPAP when stuffed up than I would be without it. I thought a stuffy nose would clog up the works, but it didn't.  The air pressure kept the air passages open.

My main mask is P-10 pillows. My earlier best mask was a Simplus FFM.  I still have the Simplus but I have never had to use it even when I got sick.

Now if you have a runny nose I don't know what to tell you. That might get a little messy no matter what kind of mask you are wearing.  Haven't run into that myself yet, but a head cold and even a sinus infection with my nose feeling all stuffy did not impact my ability to sleep on the CPAP machine.  

So for that reason I say get what is comfortable and chances are you will do okay when you get sick.

Might be interesting to hear from others about what happens when they get sick.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Eson nasal mask is a very good mask.

I keep going back to it even though I have a dreamwear cushion and a nuance
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of the trouble is with the vent noise, and it hitting my eyes, so tonight i took a small piece of gauze and put it over less then half of the vent, so i will see how that goes tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
For safety sake I won't cover up the vents at all. It's possible you could get a build up of CO2.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
even if it is half open, well i am new to this so i will listen to the advice i seek here, thank you Walla Walla.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2017, 09:16 PM)heyslick Wrote: Most of the trouble is with the vent noise, and it hitting my eyes, so tonight i took a small piece of gauze and put it over less then half of the vent, so i will see how that goes tonight.

This sounds like a recipe for a catastrophe. The vents are the size they are because they have to be the size they are. I doubt manufacturers make those vents any bigger than they have to be.

Get a different mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is what i am trying to find, i think i am going to stay with the Brevida. I can't do the full face one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had issues with the N20 blowing into my eyes.  Your mileage may vary.   Smile 

My mask of choice is the Eson2.  It doesn't blow into my eyes, doesn't blow cold air on my arm and is extremely quiet.  The plastic part that goes down the middle (for lack of a better word) is unnoticeable when you have it on because it is out of your line of sight.  Again, your mileage may vary.   Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,635 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,316 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,882 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,111 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,449 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,885 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,606 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.