Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with pressure settings
Need help with pressure settings
[attachment=5821][attachment=5820]
[attachment=5818]
Hi,
I just bought a new dreamstation AUTO to replace my dreamstation cpap pro.
Reason being that I only see my doctor once a year and the last time he set up a pressure
of 10. this was ok for 6 months but now having lost 20lbs I haven't been able to keep my
full face mask on all night. I average between 2 and 4 hours.

I have provided two images here from last week where I kept the mask on for more than 2 hours
hoping that I can get feedback as to what min and max pressure settings I should set on my
new dream station AUTO.

Let me also mention that my machine is set to start with a ramp pressure of 4 and achieves max pressure
of 10 after 30 minutes.

Thank you
Gilbert
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with pressure settings
You may indeed need the pressure to prevent obstructive events but right now it looks like your problems are from central and hypopnea, which is can be caused by TOO much pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=5828]
Thanks for the feedback Hojo

I went ahead and changed the pressure settings myself last night from 10 to 8.5
and was able to keep the mask on all night but my AHI shot up to over 6.

Should I keep on with this setting of 8.5 or should I just start using my new auto
machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
All of the graphs supplied so far are from the CPAP pro with fixed pressure. On the Auto, I think I would suggest Auto mode and pressures of 8.0 to 12.0 to see what kind of result we get. I'd like you to change your Flex settings to CFlex at 1. With only the change in Flex setting let's give a try with the Pro at 10.0 cm, and increase your ramp starting pressure to 6.0 for 20 minutes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider
I will set up my pro unit with your recommended settings tonight
and post my results in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=5849]
[attachment=5848]
Here are my results from last night based on Sleeprider recommendation.

I woke up a lot and removed mask after about 2 hours

With pressure of 8, I am able to tolerate mask for 6 hours
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's drop the fixed pressure to 8.0 with Flex at 1 or off. I think last night was an improvement, but the change in Flex has fixed the central and hypopnea problem, so you don't need the higher pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again Sleeprider
I will re-adjust my settings and post results in the morning
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=5883][attachment=5882]
Here are my results from last night as per sleepriders recommended settings above
I feel great this morning
Should I stick with these settings
Thanks again sleeprider
Post Reply Post Reply
One night does not make a trend. Keep these settings an see how it goes over the next few nights a small increase in fixed pressure may help reduce the hypopnea but it’s a balancing act as increase in pressure may increase the CA’s
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,562 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 447 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 362 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 316 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings Swsch2985 2 362 01-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 401 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.