Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with pressure settings
Last nites results:
https://imgur.com/a/xPUDb

Pressure 16 - 18.4. EPR 3  I could go higher on top pressure?, just increasing the top pressure slowly.  I have not tried the cervical collar yet, however the pillow I am now using is firmer than my usual pillow.  I really don't understand the comments made about tidal volume or respiratory rate made by ajack.

Could use some ideas about fixing red mark on bridge of nose!  Really like this mask except for that.

Thanks for all your help.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI, 2014 3.0
Post Reply Post Reply
Followup.  I am doing much better.  See chart from last nite,

https://imgur.com/a/OlGIt

EPR is now 3; Pressure 16 - 18.4.

How  does my Tidal Volume look now?  I am not using the soft cervical collar, what I did change was the side of the bed I sleep on.  Now sleeping on the right side of the bed as I sleep on my left side.  Seems to make a big difference in my ahi.  The hose is now positioned better for my mask.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You have managed to cut your AHI, particularly OA in half to acceptable levels. Your tidal volume has increased from 280 to 340-400, which is a notable improvement. If you're sleeping comfortably and feeling good, this is getting pretty close to success. If you feel that you want more, I will stick with my original impression that a bilevel with more pressure support couldn't hurt. This looks pretty good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks. Is a bilevel hard to adjust to?
Post Reply Post Reply
Bilevel therapy is similar to your Airsense 10 Autoset, but capable of more total pressure and more difference between exhale and inhale pressure. When you changed your EPR your results improved. Pressure support does more of the respiratory effort, so people with upper airway resistance or pulmonary resistance (COPD) can benefit from less breathing effort. It can also increase ventilation, improving tidal volume and minute vent. Bilevel lets you build on the progress you experienced from increasing EPR. It is considered much more comfortable than CPAP for most people.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Constant Air the same even when i change settings blackhawk2737303 6 223 12-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  PS settings RLSdss 18 443 11-29-2017, 03:14 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 116 2,553 11-27-2017, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Reznik
  [Pressure] Aircurve 10 VAuto settings recommendations Keith R 11 594 11-19-2017, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Keith R
  Some questions [leakage & proper settings] dhammond 5 314 11-19-2017, 11:24 AM
Last Post: nappyhair2
  Older Machines With PS & EPAP Settings? Greggory 8 190 11-15-2017, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Greggory
  With a face mask pressure is about 8.5. With a nasal pillow pressure was 20 at one po brojohn1611 10 565 11-04-2017, 03:05 AM
Last Post: James2017